Loader Kubota B6100D Front PTO ???

/ Kubota B6100D Front PTO ??? #1  

onowino

Tractor
Kubota B6100D
Has anyone ever solved the on-going problem of connecting a hydraulic pump to the front PTO of a Kubota B6100D. I have read a lot of complaints about the odd sized 18mm 22 tooth spline, but so far I have heard of no real solution, other than being lucky enough to come across the original Kubota part. Iwant to add a FEL to my tractor, but need an extra pump. Tanks for any advice or pointers you may offer.

/ Kubota B6100D Front PTO ??? #2  
I was going to put a front mower on my B7800 and got 2 front shafts. I'm almost sure one is the 22 tooth spline, but the other one is not. I well check tomorrow and well post again then. Maybe you might be able to use it. There is no way I can bolt it to my front pully.

/ Kubota B6100D Front PTO ???
My Kubota has a outside (male) splined shaft attached to the crankshaft, at the front of the motor. So what I need is an inside (female) spline to match it.
It's not just that the spline count is rare, the 18mm diameter makes it really difficult to find. If you find it and it is what I'm asking about, could you post a pic and let me have a look. Thanks.

/ Kubota B6100D Front PTO ??? #4  
I knew you needed the female side, but I was saying the other shaft would give you 2 sizes to look for. The shaft is a 12T, 1.355 OD, and 3.155 long. Just but this in the back of your mind and if you do run across a 12T female it well be here.

Okay Leejohn, I got you and I will file that away and keep it in mind. This is an ongoing problem for a lot of B6100 owners, it would almost make sense for somone to start making an aftermarket piece. I personally have no idea where to start making a sline, whether inside or outside. The math alone would baffle me.
Thank you for your input. Pretty much any information is a help, even if it only steers me away from a wild-goose chase and I've been on a few of those.

/ Kubota B6100D Front PTO ??? #6  
My B6100DT w/ Kubota FEL has a sprocket on the splined shaft front PTO. There is a very short drive chain from that sprocket to the sprocket on the shaft of the hydraulic pump for the FEL.

The sprocket with 18-22 Spline is Kubota P/N 70050-00111
The roller chain is P/N 70050-0056 (there are 2 of these)
The Sprocket Shaft is P/N 70050-00110
and the sprocket on the pump (9/16 bore) is P/N 70050-00112

Pics in the owner's manual are lousy - If you're interested in the setup, I'll try to get some pics.

That's perfect WVBill. At last there seems to be an answer to a problem too many B6100 owners are having. By all means post any pics you have. The more we can see, the easier life gets. I just hope these parts are still in production and available. Thanks a lot buddy.
Fred

/ Kubota B6100D Front PTO ??? #8  
Here are the pics of how the hyd pump for my FEL connects to the front PTO of the tractor.

There is a sprocket on the tractor PTO shaft
A double-chain connects/links that to the rear sprocket on the connecting shaft.
Another double-chain connects/links the front sprocket on the connecting shaft to the sprocket on the hydraulic pump.

All sprockets have the same number of teeth so there is no shaft speed change in the system.

The front and tractor-end sprockets are keyed to the pump and tractor shafts.

The function of the chain/sprockets method of connecting the drive shaft is not explained in the Owner's manual.

It's really weird, actually because the double roller chains don't actually roll. They're hard fixed in position on the sprockets. a one-for-one relation of the chain link to sprocket tooth.

Attachments

• B6100Front PTO1.jpg
    B6100Front PTO1.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 971
  • B6100FrontPTOShaft.jpg
    B6100FrontPTOShaft.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 910
  • B6100FronPTOTractorend.jpg
    B6100FronPTOTractorend.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 735
  • B6100FrontPTOPump-end.jpg
    B6100FrontPTOPump-end.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 2,322
Last edited:
Hi WVBill. The pictures are pretty much as I expected them to be from your previous description. I wonder if the shaft could be elliminated, using just one roller chain coupling, making the whole thing a lot shorter.
Apparently the play in the components of the chain and the play between the chain and sprockets is enough to do the trick and allow for some minor misallignment of the two shafts. The chains aren't actually hard fixed to the sprockets, just wrapped around them and the chain ends connected together and that gives it enough play.
Thanks for the information and the pics. They give me new hope of finally getting something done. Now all I have to do is try to find the parts, using your part numbers, and the money to pay for it. Thanks again WVBill.
Fred

/ Kubota B6100D Front PTO ??? #10  
For my B219 loader, the hydraulic pump is mounted on the front ("outside") of the front "bumper" frame member of the tractor. The only way I see to make that shaft shorter would be to mount the pump on the inside of that frame member but I'm not sure there's room for that - - at least not with the pump Kubota used for the B219.

Best of luck on your quest.