Kubota B6100E

/ Kubota B6100E #1  

gw3

Not sure if I am doing this right, so if you see my question more than once I'm sorry, I,m new. I need to know if a 4ft bush hog can be used on a Kubota B6100E. Need to know before I purchase.

/ Kubota B6100E #2  
I would guess no. A bit light at 900# and 12 hp.

/ Kubota B6100E
The seller says it is 14 hp. Would that make any difference?

/ Kubota B6100E #4  
Check the manual if available. It is 14 gross 12 pto hp. If it is 4 wheel drive with front weights or loader it might.

/ Kubota B6100E
2WD with front weights.

/ Kubota B6100E #6  
What do you plan to use it on? What kind of terrain? You get into the tail wagging the dog with the weight of a bush hog. A finish mower would be another story because they rest on four wheels most of the time.

/ Kubota B6100E #7  
as a previous owner of a B6100D. I would say yes, it should handle the 4ft brush hog for light-medium use. 5ft tall grass? prolly not..

/ Kubota B6100E #8  
I run a 48" on a b7100 and if you are in anything thick/tall you have to take 1/2 passes or so. 42" are hard to find so I would go with the 48" knowing you are going to have to 'work with it' unless you are only mowing short grass. I mostly mow around my son's dirtbike track and that is more like a lawn that gets up about 12" or so before I mow it. Works great in my case.

/ Kubota B6100E #9  
I had a B5100 with a FEL and a 42" bush hog...It struggled when the grass was up over 8" or more the first few cuts of the season...Those were slow mowing days.

Don

/ Kubota B6100E
Thanks for all the help. I think I am going to wait and get something bigger. I have 10.5 acres that is overgrown. I've been here 10yrs and I have not had it cut. It sounds like what I have is too much for this tractor. Any suggestions for what I need? I want to be able to clean up and maintain the 10.5 acres that has not been cut in at the least 10yrs, also would like to have around 2 acre garden.