Kubota B7100 B219 Loader

/ Kubota B7100 B219 Loader #1  

ojaikubota

My B219 loader seals were leaking so I bought the seal kits. I had previously replaced the seals on one of the lift cylinders and all was good. This time I needed to replace;ace the seals on the two bucket cylinders. However, I just can't loosen the nut! I'm afraid I will break or twist the whole shaft. I've read about Loctite being used and seen crazy YouTube videos with acetylene torches heating up the nut. Is there a trick here? I assume they are "normal" right hand threads? Should I just take them to a hydraulic shop and have them loosen the nuts. I can't see why they need to be so tight. Thanks for any clues.

/ Kubota B7100 B219 Loader #2  
I also had a devil of a time replacing those cylinder seals on my B219. I got them loose by soaking the nut overnight with a liberal amount of Kroil. I then chucked the cylinder in a vise and used an air hammer on the end of the wrench. It acted like an impact wrench and eventually broke the nut loose.

There was thread sealer used which made the job difficult. I assume it was to keep vibration from loosening the nut.

If you try this, make sure you use a heavy duty wrench that fits the nut properly.

The safest bet is to use your idea of taking the cylinders to a shop.

/ Kubota B7100 B219 Loader #3  
How about loosening that nut while the cylinders are on the tractor?

/ Kubota B7100 B219 Loader #5  
Had same issue when I had my B7100HST,I spray the nut with LOOSEN product heavily for couple days,than hit the nut gave shock and little grunting loosen.

/ Kubota B7100 B219 Loader
Thanks rScotty - I figured it out myself right after I wrote the post. I put the cylinder rod back on the loader and used a breaker bar and it was easy.

/ Kubota B7100 B219 Loader #7  
Thanks rScotty - I figured it out myself right after I wrote the post. I put the cylinder rod back on the loader and used a breaker bar and it was easy.
We've just invented another use for a tractor.... never mind that it wouldn't be necessary without one.... :)