Kubota B7100HST

/ Kubota B7100HST #21  
The other thing is a metal blade will probably leave rust marks on your concrete. The rubber idea may work or put a nylon cutting edge. My Jeep's Fisher plow edge is nylon.

BigBoyToys, now you've done it. Not only will Spd164 be spending money on tractor stuff, now he may get the bug for welding if not already there. More toys/tools to buy.

/ Kubota B7100HST #22  
The other thing is a metal blade will probably leave rust marks on your concrete. The rubber idea may work or put a nylon cutting edge. My Jeep's Fisher plow edge is nylon.

BigBoyToys, now you've done it. Not only will Spd164 be spending money on tractor stuff, now he may get the bug for welding if not already there. More toys/tools to buy.

I bought my Lincoln 180 MIG for a Jeep build and it's been one of the best investments I've made! :thumbsup:
Besides it's only money and you can't take it with you!!! :greedy:

/ Kubota B7100HST #23  
Don't go rear blade for snow. I went rear mower instead of belly mower and regret it. Turning around sucks.

You can easily fab up a mount for a front mount plow blade and tap the existing hydraulic block for control. You can build yourself a power steering system for about $300, I did it on my b8200 and it was the best decision I ever made with this machine.

/ Kubota B7100HST
Too late. The dealer I bought it from had a lightly used 5ft rear blade that he let go with the tractor for an additional $300. I know I probably could've found one cheaper on Craigslist, but I didn't want to wait. Got this landscape fabric/river rock mess in the front yard that needs drug into a pile so that I can haul it away. Figure I can use the blade for that and probably recoup my cost later if it doesn't work for snow removal the way I want it to. Tractor should be here tomorrow evening.

/ Kubota B7100HST #25  
I have a 3pt blade on my ferguson. I use it for grading dirt/land. It's not precision work, and it works great. However my b8200 is much smaller than my ferguson, but much larger than the b7100. It couldn't pull the back blade through dirt, even in 4wd, there just isn't enough traction with turf or R4 tires. It could do it in snow, probably. But 3pt devices tend to go back and forth a bit. This has caused me trouble with mowing with a 3pt mower and snow work with a 3pt blade. When backing up, it's a pain, and you don't always know which side it's going to shift to. So you'll either leave driveway area clear, or you'll be in the grass/dirt.

On the plus side, they make a 50" snowblower, which I have, which is a very worth while investment if you don't have gravel. My idea was the blade on the back, blower on hte front. It didn't work out as well as I had planned for hte brief snow I got to play with though.

Also stones, you're going to bounce over. they'll dig in, roll, and flip. The 3pt doesn't have down force, only it's own weight. I even put a piece of 3/4" all thread up and stacked an extra 200lb of weight on it to try and get rocks out, and it didn't go so well.

Regardless, it's a learning experience, and definitely a useful machine. Have fun with it, and be sure to post some pictures on delivery!

/ Kubota B7100HST
Oh I'll definitely be learning a lot I'm sure. Thanks for the suggestions and tips. I'm a stubborn cuss, and trial and error (after error after error) is usually the only thing that'll teach me!

/ Kubota B7100HST #27  
Some pictures of a B7100 working.
Olympus pictures 094.jpg
Moving some NS pea gravel

F1000020.JPG
Maple log

F1000016.JPG
rear blade

/ Kubota B7100HST
IMG_3510.JPG

The new little beast.

Dunno why pic is showing up sideways. Posting from my phone. You guys get the idea though.

/ Kubota B7100HST #29  
Looks in nice shape. I keep thinking I should get one of those ROPS for my B6100. BTW, the picture is correct when you click on it.

/ Kubota B7100HST
Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I'm pretty happy with the purchase, and I'm sure I'll be around here more often with questions and looking for ideas. At $3740 with the blade and deck, I don't think I did too bad. I did discover this evening that the deck is missing the left side pulley cover. I imagine I can find one on eBay if I'm patient. Other than that and the headlights not working, I can't find anything wrong with it and it runs great. I've been down in the shop going over it for the past couple of hours and I'm grinning ear to ear lol.