3-Point Hitch Kubota B7410 Lift Question

/ Kubota B7410 Lift Question #1  

tyusclan

Tractor
Kubota B7410, Kubota BX2200
Hello, all. New to the forum, and enjoying it very much.

I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I did a search and didn't find anything. I have a Kubota B7410. Occasionally, usually with nothing on the lift, or with a light implement, the lift will stick in the up position. I can switch the tractor off and work the lift lever back and forth, and it will release. I've tried backing the lift speed adjustment all the way out, but it still does it. With a heavier implement, like the disc or rotary mower, it doesn't do it. I have to close the lift speed back down with those to keep them from falling too fast.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

/ Kubota B7410 Lift Question #2  
BY lift, do you mean "3 Point Hitch" (3PH).... Have you played with top link adjustment to be sure you are not creating a bind on hitch.... It should drop with out any weight.... My MF GC 1715 has a drop control valve to regulator speed, does yours, is it adjusted to full open position?...

Dale

/ Kubota B7410 Lift Question #3  
When I had my BX sometimes I would have to step on the lift arms to get them to go down if there wasn't any weight back there. I'd say what you describe is normal.

/ Kubota B7410 Lift Question
Yes, the three point hitch. It's not the top link, because it will do it with nothing hooked up. I open the drop control valve all the way, and it still does it. With a heavier implement it doesn't do it. I have to close the valve back down to keep those from dropping too fast.

/ Kubota B7410 Lift Question
When I had my BX sometimes I would have to step on the lift arms to get them to go down if there wasn't any weight back there. I'd say what you describe is normal.
I don't think it's normal. I've operated tractors all my life, and I've never run into to this type of problem. The hitch lever will bind up, and barely move either way. I can shut the tractor down, work the lever a couple of times, and it will let go and let the hitch down.