Kubota B7500 fuel supply

/ Kubota B7500 fuel supply #1  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
Friend has a B7500 w/230 hrs. bought it with just over 200hrs., runs fine when full of fuel, but when the tank gauge says that it is between 1/2 and 1/4, the tractor acts like it is running out of fuel. He has cleaned the filter and replaced the filter and it still acts the same when the gauge gets somewhere below 1/2. I suppose that the gauge could be off, but would like to know if the tractor has more than one fuel filter, the only one he has found is down low on the side by the frame, it's small and see thru, is that the only filter that it has, my BX2200 and his ZD18 both have two filters, and the one on the B7500 is smaller that either filter on the other machines. Hope to help him out, am going to visit next week and I'll pick up whatever I might need before then. HELP /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Kubota B7500 fuel supply #2  
Open the fuel cap when it starts to die and see if it picks up. The cap may not be venting properly and creating a suction.

/ Kubota B7500 fuel supply #3  
"it's small and see thru,"

If that's the case, is there fuel in the filter when it seems to run out of fuel? If not, find out why.

/ Kubota B7500 fuel supply #5  
I doubt if it is the fuel filter, if that was the case it would not get fuel no matter how ful the tank was. i would try what GETUT SAYS, and the gauge also might be off that much.

/ Kubota B7500 fuel supply #6  
Milkman,

You might also try some diesel additive. Just yesterday I was having trouble with my fuel system. I run my tank down real low and then the tractor had trouble maintaining high RPM's. I figured I was out of gas and quit for the day. I gassed it up today and the problem persisted. I though that maybe I had some water in the fuel so I took off the fuel bowl to drain any water. When I turned the fuel back on the bowl would not fill up. Turns out I had some diesel gel in the fuel line. In my case disconnecting the fuel line and tugging on it a bit cleared the gel out. One of the diesel additives may clear the gel up for you. At least it is easy to try.

Peter

/ Kubota B7500 fuel supply #7  
Once I bought diesel at a brand new gas station/truck stop. Fueled up the tractor and it began to run poorly then stopped. When I drained out the fuel and put in fresh fuel from the old established truck stop, the tractor ran fine.

/ Kubota B7500 fuel supply #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I gassed it up today and the problem persisted. )</font>
maybe you should have dieseled it up instead! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
John

/ Kubota B7500 fuel supply #9  
My B7400 original operator's manual, which also covers the B7500, says there is only one the one fuel filter; it also says to clean it every 100 hours and to replace the element after 400 hours.

I agree that it sounds very like a venting problem. I would check also to make sure there is no kink or partial obstruction in the fuel line anywhere.

/ Kubota B7500 fuel supply #10  
I'd check the tank. I found out the gauge on my Nh 7610s will sometimes stick.. showing 1/2 tank.. when i really have 1/8 a tank /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Might also be a screen on the top of the tank tap valve.. might be plugged at the bottom when you are low on fuel.. but the top is open letting fuel in when enough is in the tank.

( also had this happen this weekend to me!!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif )

Soundguy