Kubota B7510 on car hoist?

/ Kubota B7510 on car hoist? #1  

Rod in Forfar

Platinum Member
Tractor
1960 Massey Ferguson 35 (Perkins), 1995 TAFE 35DI, 1980 Bolens G174, 2005 Kubota B7510, 2020 Kioti Mechron 2200ps UTV Troy-Bilt Horse 2 1988 Case IH 255 4WD with loader and cab
After 15 hours of mowing our rather rocky green space, the blades on the mid-mount mower of the Kubota B7510 I recently brought home need service. The centre blade came loose yesterday and I was able to find a 30 mm socket and breaker bar to reach in and tighten it. I also touched up the ends of the two blades I could reach but the other eluded my angle grinder. From the feel of the left blade it had also eluded the grasp of the tractor's previous owner.

A better solution: a couple of years ago we installed a 10,000 lb two post asymetric hoist in the new shop. It lifts my Polaris Ranger for oil changes without a problem. Because we installed the narrow version to save space, the arms will extend far enough to touch in the middle. The trouble is that the Kubota is all-tire-no-frame so lifting is more of a challenge. Has anyone put planks or a cradle on a car lift to raise a light tractor for mower service?

An hour on the Internet has turned up no photo of such an arrangement. Is this an Internet taboo I don't know about?

An interim fix would be to run the Kubota up on the aluminum trailer for my son's Porsche, but I'd rather have a permanent solution to this maintenance challenge.

Thanks,

Rod

/ Kubota B7510 on car hoist? #2  
I wouldn't try it - failure would be very bad. Can you just remove the mower to service it? Or run tractor up classic auto ramps?

/ Kubota B7510 on car hoist? #3  
After 15 hours of mowing our rather rocky green space, the blades on the mid-mount mower of the Kubota B7510 I recently brought home need service. The centre blade came loose yesterday and I was able to find a 30 mm socket and breaker bar to reach in and tighten it. I also touched up the ends of the two blades I could reach but the other eluded my angle grinder. From the feel of the left blade it had also eluded the grasp of the tractor's previous owner.

A better solution: a couple of years ago we installed a 10,000 lb two post asymetric hoist in the new shop. It lifts my Polaris Ranger for oil changes without a problem. Because we installed the narrow version to save space, the arms will extend far enough to touch in the middle. The trouble is that the Kubota is all-tire-no-frame so lifting is more of a challenge. Has anyone put planks or a cradle on a car lift to raise a light tractor for mower service?

An hour on the Internet has turned up no photo of such an arrangement. Is this an Internet taboo I don't know about?

An interim fix would be to run the Kubota up on the aluminum trailer for my son's Porsche, but I'd rather have a permanent solution to this maintenance challenge.

Thanks,

Rod

I too have the same problem. For now Ill probably just use the trailer we use for my daughters Maserati.

/ Kubota B7510 on car hoist? #4  
I too have the same problem. For now Ill probably just use the trailer we use for my daughters Maserati.

I find the Maserati trailers to be a bit too low. Much better to use one if the Rolls Royce trailers for the additional clearance.

/ Kubota B7510 on car hoist? #5  
I could not fit under any of the 3 , but then I could always put it on the trailer before jacking it up , balance with care .

/ Kubota B7510 on car hoist? #6  
I'd put a plank across and drive the front wheels over the plank and lift up the front end, block the rear end.

/ Kubota B7510 on car hoist? #7  
I find the Maserati trailers to be a bit too low. Much better to use one if the Rolls Royce trailers for the additional clearance.

Good Point. Both of my Rolls are at the dealer sitting on their trailer for a service. Ill try those when I get my cars back at the end of the week.

/ Kubota B7510 on car hoist?
I decided on a trial run with a couple of hardwood boards to support the tires. I think the system shows potential, but it will need improvement before I get under the tractor.

Flickr: Kumpulan Foto Rod in Forfar

/ Kubota B7510 on car hoist? #9