Kubota B7800 Fair Price?

/ Kubota B7800 Fair Price? #1  

snmhanson

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
We are selling our house and I have no need for my tractor anymore. It is a 2004 Kubota B7800 with bucket and under mount mower deck and turf tires. Not sure how useful the mower will be to the potential purchaser but I don't want to sell it separately. It has lived outside most of it's life and has a crease across the hood (from a botched bucket re-installation attempt) and also could use a new seat cushion. The front tires also go flat after sitting a few days - but that should be easily fixed with tubes if replacing the nipples don't fix it. Probably a few other minor items to take care of as well. Overall the tractor is probably in slightly rougher condition than average, but mechanically I think it is good. My only slight concern is that it was overheating one day last fall and when I checked the oil the dip stick was dry. I added oil as soon as I noticed and it has been running fine ever since. Not sure if that's anything to be concerned about or not, but if so I want to be forthcoming to whoever buys it (and if not I don't want it used as a bargaining chip against me).

I am hoping to get some guidance on what a fair price would be for it? I have seen comparable prices online in the $10-12K range and sometimes even more, but that seems high to me. I'm not looking to completely maximize my sales price, but also don't want to let it go for a fraction of what it's worth. Any insight or recommendations from the crew here? I was thinking something in the $7500-8000 range with the bucket and mower deck. Does that seem about right? Low? High?

Thank-you,

Matt

/ Kubota B7800 Fair Price? #2  
You don't say (or I missed it) how many hours on the machine...but IMO if the dent across the hood (mine had one when I bought it) and exposure are the main aesthetic issues (no welded repairs etc)...I think it would sell fast for anything under $10K...

/ Kubota B7800 Fair Price? #3  
<snip>
I am hoping to get some guidance on what a fair price would be for it? I have seen comparable prices online in the $10-12K range and sometimes even more, but that seems high to me. I'm not looking to completely maximize my sales price, but also don't want to let it go for a fraction of what it's worth. Any insight or recommendations from the crew here? I was thinking something in the $7500-8000 range with the bucket and mower deck. Does that seem about right? Low? High?

Thank-you,

Matt
WHAT???
Are prices so depressed in your area?
How soon do you need to sell?
If you can wait until later in the spring more $$.
I would expect a B7800 in fair condition WITH FEL and MMM should fetch at least $12K in the spring. $10K in the deep winter.

/ Kubota B7800 Fair Price? #4  
We are selling our house and I have no need for my tractor anymore. It is a 2004 Kubota B7800 with bucket and under mount mower deck and turf tires. Not sure how useful the mower will be to the potential purchaser but I don't want to sell it separately. It has lived outside most of it's life and has a crease across the hood (from a botched bucket re-installation attempt) and also could use a new seat cushion. The front tires also go flat after sitting a few days - but that should be easily fixed with tubes if replacing the nipples don't fix it. Probably a few other minor items to take care of as well. Overall the tractor is probably in slightly rougher condition than average, but mechanically I think it is good. My only slight concern is that it was overheating one day last fall and when I checked the oil the dip stick was dry. I added oil as soon as I noticed and it has been running fine ever since. Not sure if that's anything to be concerned about or not, but if so I want to be forthcoming to whoever buys it (and if not I don't want it used as a bargaining chip against me).

Thank-you,

Matt

I would say it is worth about $500 dollars with that many hours on it.

/ Kubota B7800 Fair Price? #5  
2004 KUBOTA B7800
4wd,ldr, hydro, R-4 tires
For Sale Price: USD $12,900

Used 2004 Kubota B7800 tractor with 1,850hrs, 30hp, diesel, 4WD, HST, 540 PTO, nice tractor, $7.5K
no FEL

2004 KUBOTA B7800HSD
USED B7800HSD TRACTOR WITH 510 HOURS USE. LA402- LOADER SERIAL# 63000 B1617- PIN ON BUCKET SERIAL# 20071 GRILL GUARD REAR WORK LIGHT R4 INDUSTRIAL TIRES FRONT TIRE SIZE-50-14, TITAN REAR TIRE SIZE-12.4-16 2 Post Canopy, Front Tire Size: 50 x 14, Fuel Type: Diesel, Loader, Loader Make: K...
For Sale Price: USD $15,995
that's just 3 from Tractorhouse.

/ Kubota B7800 Fair Price?
Thank-you for the replies everyone. Give me some good information to go off of. I think if I list it I will start out in the $11,000 range. If my neighbor buys it I will give him a bit of a discount since it saves me the trouble of taking pictures, listing it and then showing it to everyone who is interested.

Matt

/ Kubota B7800 Fair Price? #7  

Thank-you,

Matt

Running low enough on oil to have the engine almost seize could present a problem that if you disclosed would scare most people away. And f you did not disclose could present a problem down the road. It's hard to guess what it would take to run a B7800 low on oil since mine doesn't use any. Sitting outside it's entire life, tires that go flat and a hood dent add to the maintenance thing.

I go to a lot of auctions and would say $10,000 or $11,000 is too high assuming known defects were disclosed. You might wind up more likely with the $8,000 range you originally mentioned. Just my two cents.

/ Kubota B7800 Fair Price? #8  
It would probably sell for 10 grand around here whether it's worth it or not with the cosmetic issues / possible overheating concerns. People will pay too much sometimes.