/ Kubota B8200D -- am I giving it away?
When I looked at prices on tractor house $3500 doesn’t seem out of line to me.
really, okay. either way, prices for stuff is nutty right now. I'm glad I picked up my new property tractor in early 2020 just before the craziness popped off. Got a great price on a cash deal and now people are waiting to pay over what msrp was then.

I already feel better about the whole thing. Hopefully the tractor works out well for him.

/ Kubota B8200D -- am I giving it away? #22  
He came and dropped off a deposit. He's very trusting, just gave me $2400 cash in a cookie bag with no paperwork. It's all part of God's plan in one way or another. I'm very blessed, even if I could've made a few grand more on the deal, that's only a few days wages--but it wouldn't have sat well with me for much longer than that.

View attachment 734802View attachment 734801
Your a good man Charlie Brown. Hopefully the new owner puts the tractor to good use for himself and family, and Karma shines down on you.

/ Kubota B8200D -- am I giving it away? #23  
It's all history now, but I sold a B8200 I bought new in 1985 five years ago (with loader, not HST) for $5500. Today's prices would be higher.

I sold a B7100 a year ago. It was HST with belly mower, no loader. Nice machine but not as nice as the B8200 and it brought 4K, second caller.

It's best to know where you're going before you start out on the trip!!

/ Kubota B8200D -- am I giving it away? #24  
I already feel better about the whole thing. Hopefully the tractor works out well for him.
I appreciate the closure reply. I guess it is a good lesson for you and for us. Be sure to be transparent is one for me.

As a comment, if someone blindly makes me an offer, I tend to question the amount of the offer, and will do a little research before agreeing to anything. Next time you have something to sell that is in scarce supply, like in these days a pickup, trailer, tractor - expect to get every dollar back that you paid and more. I have seen used trailer prices double what they were 2 years ago.

/ Kubota B8200D -- am I giving it away? #25  
"Why don't you just come and take a look at it before offering me something blindly." implies that you found the offer acceptable but were concerned on his behalf that he should take a closer look before committing to buying at that price. It seems like you were fine with the offer up to the point where he got everything working, like it wasn't in as bad a shape as you thought. Oh.. and your wife thinks you should keep it. Did she know that someone had made an offer and was coming to look at it?

I think it would be wrong to reneg on the deal.
^^^This! I believe you implied you wanted to make sure buyer was getting his money's worth. Honor the deal and make a new friend.

/ Kubota B8200D -- am I giving it away? #26  
Go on Tractor House and enter the model and year and see what they sell for (asking price) on there then decide. I'd never use TSC hydraulic fluid in anything. Basically junk.

/ Kubota B8200D -- am I giving it away? #27  
I think you did right and that tractor was made from 1983 to 1990 so a lot of the parts are NLA. The young man might end up something that he well not be able to fix. It would also make me feel better about the 3500. I wonder how long he had been saving. What size were the bills ? Some $5 mixed in. Get to know the young a little better, might turn into a life time friend .

/ Kubota B8200D -- am I giving it away? #28  
I think in the long run, you did the right thing, and you’ll look at it as lesson learned, and get over it.

In my experience selling used equipment, there is no deal, until the particulars are discussed, and a handshake seals the deal.

I once sold a 36 inch brand name flail mower for $300, only to see if resold 2 days later for $685. It happens to the best of us.

/ Kubota B8200D -- am I giving it away? #29  
You are a good person for caring either way it turns out. If it was me, i would ask his reason for buying - if not known. If he said to sell it and make money, that changes everything. I see good deals sold on fb regularly that was grabbed up by someone and then see it relisted for a lot more. Some might say you cant blame them, but it always perturbs me. Someone who actually might have needed it ends up screwed…

/ Kubota B8200D -- am I giving it away? #30  
Hopefully, the wife is ok with the deal now. It's hard to fault someone for being kind to a stranger, especially the nice young man you describe.

Sure, you may have lost a few $$ but the peace of mind you got from doing someone a favor is priceless IMO.