Kubota B8200HST. Loses drive power.

/ Kubota B8200HST. Loses drive power. #1  

harvey19

Tractor
Kubota B8200 HST
Hi, I very recently bought a Kubota B8200HST. Engine runs away happily all day but the drive power, which seems to me slow to start, gets worse to the point that unless it's on the flat it hardly moves even in the lowest gear. The transmission oil looks okay and as yet I haven't tried to replace the filter or strainer. I was going to remove the strainer and check for debris but I guess all the fluid would come out and as yet I haven't bout new filters/ oils. I'm not sure where to go first. Replace filter and transmission oil, clean strainer. Or is this pump problems ? Any advice would be very welcome as I've already had to replace all tyres, 3 point linkage and now starting to regret buying the tractor.
Hasta.

/ Kubota B8200HST. Loses drive power. #2  
With you just getting the tractor, I would go ahead and do the full service on the hyd system. Your 1st guess.

/ Kubota B8200HST. Loses drive power. #4  
I have a MF1754 HST and had a similar problem to what you describe. The longer I ran the tractor, the slower it got. Tractor wouldn't back in to my building. I think there was crap in the transmission fluid and the more it ran the worse it got as it plugged the filters and then floated off after shut off. Called several dealers and they all recommended changing the fluids and filters. Said that is what they would try first. I did that and for the most part solved my problem. Hope changing your filters and fluid solves your problem, also.

/ Kubota B8200HST. Loses drive power.
Hi all, changed transmission fluid, filter, removed lower sludge filter, getting it back on damaged thread so had to get a new one. Now all back together is somewhat better but going up even a slight slope it struggles. Guess it is 30 years old or so and don't know any previous history. To be safe I changed the fuel filter, loads of rubbish and the engine oil/ filter, air filter. Don't know if I'm just throwing money away now or missing the problem.

/ Kubota B8200HST. Loses drive power. #6  
So, how did the inlet filter screen and hyd oil look?

How hot was it when you were operating the tractor? Water in the oil can explain your
symptoms.

Also, I believe those early HSTs from Kubota (early 80s) did not have oil coolers. Correct?

So, how did the inlet filter screen and hyd oil look?

How hot was it when you were operating the tractor? Water in the oil can explain your
symptoms.

Also, I believe those early HSTs from Kubota (early 80s) did not have oil coolers. Correct?

Filter screen and oil looked clean

Hi, it was getting hot, my land is a bit hilly, first 20 mins or so no problem, the slower and slower. This model has an oil cooler.

Filter screen and oil looked clean

Hi, it was getting hot, my land is a bit hilly, first 20 mins or so no problem, the slower and slower. This model has an oil cooler.

/ Kubota B8200HST. Loses drive power. #9  
Do you lose speed going both forward & reverse or just Forward?