Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #11  
ducati996 said:
Im wondering how folks survived years ago when steel plates shaped like a deep dish was the norm?

The other option was walking behind a horse or ox - steel seat looked pretty good compared to that.

We're all getting soft... :)

Scott

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #12  
prentp said:
When I tried out the 2305 it was a lot more comfortable for me to ride than my Kubota. You are correct I should probably just upgrade my seat on the Kubota but I really liked the design changes, even on the BX2350 Kubota, but I felt a lot more comfortable on the JD.

I guess my reason to trade is 20 % because of the seat and 80 % that I would really like to have a new green machine.

The ergonomics of the 2305 vs. the Kubota 2350 were a major seller for me too - I looked long and hard at them both as I knew the CFO would only approve 1 tractor purchase.

If you can work a new green machine under the guise of needing a new tractor because of the seat - more power to ya! :)

Good Luck!

Scott

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #13  
Chris2520 said:
RollTideRam , when you upgraded your seat on your 2520 . what seat did you end up going with? I know some people on the 2305 go to the Xseris seat with the suspention seat. is this what you did?.....:)
I used the special edition x series seat, it has built in suspension and arm rests. My dealer had it in stock, had ordered it for someone else that changed their mind. It was pricey, around $500, but she did give me $220 for my stock seat. I hurt my back last summer, and I just could not do my mowing jobs without this seat. JC

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #14  
Chris2520,

Just do some Taebo and all will be fine - trust me :D

Under most conditions the seat that comes with the 2520 is perfect. Unless folks with fused spines need a special setup I dont know what else could be offered that would be better than the stock seat without spending money that would cost as much as it would to buy a 3720 w/ cab and suspension seat

/ Kubota BS2230 trade for 2305 #15  
I think one thing that would help the stock seat is to take those poly springs out and just put real springs in. like older lawn tractors had. seems
that would be softer a little.....:) But Duc your right. I find the older i get the less factory cushion i have back there......:D