Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #21  
well I sure don't know how you guys are getting your pins to simply fall out when they break. I go through about a dozen breaks a season and almost always have to punch them out which is a huge pain with the impeller.

Pins for me are either 5.07 or 4.01 from Kubota which is crazy. I know this is an old thread, but I am still looking for a solution to Kubotas insane prices on these bolts. I also live very remote and have to blow 1.5 km of road so I cant afford a major failure due to something so simple as a bolt. I have now been reading half the afternoon and still don't know if I can neck down my own bolts or just use grade 5 or 8 1/4 bolts.

Your problem doesn't seem to be pins, your problem is not prepping your area before the snow flys. I make sure there isn't a rock bigger than a golf ball w/in 5 feet of where I clear - I think I've broken 4 shear pins in the 7 years I've been running my big blower, and 3 of them were from cutting power before the blower was clear of snow (always a mistake).

I looked everywhere for cheap shear bolts for my BX2750D. Kubota uses a bolt that is ~1/4" longer than the standard bolt that every other blower in the whole world uses, and I wasn't able to find any generic replacements in the normal places (like Amazon). I ended up biting the bullet and buying factory bolts. They're part number 70060-01338 and $2.46 at Messics.

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #22  
Hey - I just found these - they're only 1/8" shorter than the factory pins (2 1/8 instead of 2 1/4) - they'd probably work fine:

Here's a 10-pack for $12 (to try them out):
Amazon.com : (10) SHEAR PINS / BOLTS 51001500, 510015, AM122156, AM136890, 13865, 7091550, 91550, 3285-11, 828d, 924de, 1032d, 1128de, 1128dde, 1332ddde : Patio, Lawn & Garden

and here's a 50-pack for $42 (if they work)
Amazon.com: (50) SHEAR PINS / BOLTS 51001500, 510015, AM122156, AM136890, 13865, 7091550, 91550, 3285-11, 828d, 924de, 1032d, 1128de, 1128dde, 1332ddde: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Let us know!!

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #23  
Your problem doesn't seem to be pins, your problem is not prepping your area before the snow flys. I make sure there isn't a rock bigger than a golf ball w/in 5 feet of where I clear - I think I've broken 4 shear pins in the 7 years I've been running my big blower, and 3 of them were from cutting power before the blower was clear of snow (always a mistake).

I looked everywhere for cheap shear bolts for my BX2750D. Kubota uses a bolt that is ~1/4" longer than the standard bolt that every other blower in the whole world uses, and I wasn't able to find any generic replacements in the normal places (like Amazon). I ended up biting the bullet and buying factory bolts. They're part number 70060-01338 and $2.46 at Messics.

Prepping before hand .... definitely the way to go. However I clear 18 laneways in a rural sub-division, and unfortunately they don't all anticipate or care about what may be buried and unseen by the poor old geiser that clears their paths. My front mount blower on my B2650HSDC has sucked up and tried to spit out ... garden hoses, extension cords, doggie tie ropes, plastic shovels, childrens toys, flower pots, etc. Been through my fair share of shear bolts over the years.

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #24  
Prepping before hand .... definitely the way to go. However I clear 18 laneways in a rural sub-division, and unfortunately they don't all anticipate or care about what may be buried and unseen by the poor old geiser that clears their paths. My front mount blower on my B2650HSDC has sucked up and tried to spit out ... garden hoses, extension cords, doggie tie ropes, plastic shovels, childrens toys, flower pots, etc. Been through my fair share of shear bolts over the years.
My way of stopping this PITA was having an up front -careless storage of personal items in my contract.

If you go through the season with no shear pins broken due to BS items carelessly left laying around customer gets their $100 bucks back in the spring-voila problem solved

Sent from my iPhone 5s 64Gb using TractorByNet

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #25  
My contractor friends have seen just about everything.
-few days of rolled wet newspapers frozen solid
-load of firewood hidden by fresh snowfall
-kids toys
-shovels
-rope
-the worst, strands of barbed wire
-(me), an old discarded starter that trashed my blower beyond repair

Yep, a damage deposit sounds good!

/ Kubota BX 2750D Snow Blower Shear Bolts #26  
Just to bump up an old thread. If you are being gouged by your dealer for shear bolts, buy a bag of Gr5 and Gr8 bolts of the correct length (applies to 2750D) at a place like Fastenal. Have a set of OEM shear bolts on hand and use them to mark your acquired bolts for groove location. I mount mine in a slow turning drill press and use a very then disk on my hand grinder to put in the grooves. You could also use a dremel or even a hacksaw blade. Make about a dozen in 20 minutes and that's about the best hourly pay I can make around here.