Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video)

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #11  
That's interesting Dan - can you post a picture? More snow coming starting Monday so you might have a chance to check it out.

I'll post a pic on Monday. The blower is tucked in behind my truck that's out of commission due to huge oil leaks. On Monday when the truck goes to the shop, I'll get you the photos.

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #12  
Here is what I have done to try to keep the deep snow from going over the top of the blower. So far I haven't had the chance to try it. I used Lexan so I can still see what's ahead of the blower, for those times when I am getting close to something.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video)
   / Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #14  
The idea of puuting the angles piece of plexiglass worked pretty good. The only drift in my driveway that went over the top was about 5ft high. Much higher, even than the top of the chute. The only issue was the weight of the snow, causing a couple of broken shear pins.

The idea of puuting the angles piece of plexiglass worked pretty good. The only drift in my driveway that went over the top was about 5ft high. Much higher, even than the top of the chute. The only issue was the weight of the snow, causing a couple of broken shear pins.

Blizzard still on here and will continue for a few more hours. Haven't done any clearing at all yet. Have some drifts that look to be 3 feet high so will be busy later today and perhaps tomorrow. Glad the new modification worked.

Blizzard still on here and will continue for a few more hours. Haven't done any clearing at all yet. Have some drifts that look to be 3 feet high so will be busy later today and perhaps tomorrow. Glad the new modification worked.

Just took a security cam scan of the street.

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #17  
I had a short break in the storm last evening just after supper. Figured I would try to get rid of some of the snow before the second wave hit. Glad I did, its really heavy this morning trying to get rid of the second wave of snow.

Did find a small lessson from the mid I made. Found a little cracking around one of the mounting bolts. It may be caused by the the plexiglass not being quite thick enough, or I may ahve tightened the ,ounting bilts a little too tight. As the bolts shrinks in the cold it gets tighter, causing the cracking. My plexiglas is about 1/4 or 5/16 of an inch thick. Something a little thicker may have worked better. Mine was free, so I used it.

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #18  
I have 2 snoway plows with lexcan and I have broken it as well but only by running into things that were hidden in a snowbank . That stuff is tough . One older plow that I owned had a rubber bushing on each bolt that held it on the plow . The rubber acted as a cushion between the bolt and the lexcan . The plow I have now has a metal bracket to keep it in place .
I had a short break in the storm last evening just after supper. Figured I would try to get rid of some of the snow before the second wave hit. Glad I did, its really heavy this morning trying to get rid of the second wave of snow.

Did find a small lessson from the mid I made. Found a little cracking around one of the mounting bolts. It may be caused by the the plexiglass not being quite thick enough, or I may ahve tightened the ,ounting bilts a little too tight. As the bolts shrinks in the cold it gets tighter, causing the cracking. My plexiglas is about 1/4 or 5/16 of an inch thick. Something a little thicker may have worked better. Mine was free, so I used it.

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #19  
Where is the 36 inches of snow? My lawn after 30 more inches. Another foot tonight, 6 feet in the woods.

Attachments

• snow14.jpg
    snow14.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 98
  • snow11.jpg
    snow11.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 96
  • snow12.jpg
    snow12.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 111
  • snow13.jpg
    snow13.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
   / Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #20  
Where is the 36 inches of snow? My lawn after 30 more inches. Another foot tonight, 6 feet in the woods.
Wow! You are buried. Never experienced anything like that other than skiing in the mountains after the crews took care of the roads and parking lots. Can't imagine trying to move that much ever.