Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Help

/ Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Help #11  
The video makes my point. For the first minute of the video the guy has is blade raised and pushes the top of the pile he is not stacking snow he is pushing snow. At the one minute mark he is trying to stack snow and seem to be struggling with it. The tractor is not able to carry the snow that is on the blade at ground level and push it up into the pile. The weight of the snow stalls the loader and he is forced to raise the loader arms losing the snow he had on the blade. As he raises it he is then able to move forward.

I don't know what kind of snow conditions the original poster has but I know the snow conditions we get here this setup does not work as effectively as a blade mounted the way radioman has his mounted. If you look at radioman's picture you can clearly see how he was able to carry the snow up to the top of the pile in one fluid motion. Simple physics will tell you that the further out your blade is and the more weight you have on the loader arms the less you will be able to lift.

Its a function of the angle of the plow. When radiomans plow is going up into the pile, the A frame is angled up (the plow is higher than the pivot point), so his plow goes up. When the guy is pushing into the pile with the bxpanded plow, the A frame is flat or angled down so it is trying to push the whole pile and it runs out of traction.

Aaron Z

/ Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Help #12  
I watched the video and that is not how I do it, but close. He has the engine rpms up to high making a jerky movement. Its needs to be finessed. I have it at 2200-2800 depending on "hardness of snow" I always try to make an art of smooth ramp going up so it looks neat and out of the way.
As for swapping bucket to plow - I bought the hitch pins from local TSC and used that to swap in winter time only. During the summer for dirt digging, I swap back to the normal black pins. The middle curl hitch pin, I drilled a hole to install a zerk and drilled another hole to let grease come up to the middle of pin.
I use the same hitch pins for bucket when I need it during the winter so swapping it only takes me 10 mins or so. If you cant spend 10 mins of your time, then something is wrong. I believe the new QA's will eliminate that time wasting.

I will have to take new pics of the pin setup - but I been bad lately with getting new pics snapped of my work. I'll try this week if nothing eats my time.

/ Kubota BX Front Quick Hitch Help
I watched the video and that is not how I do it, but close. He has the engine rpms up to high making a jerky movement. Its needs to be finessed. I have it at 2200-2800 depending on "hardness of snow" I always try to make an art of smooth ramp going up so it looks neat and out of the way.
As for swapping bucket to plow - I bought the hitch pins from local TSC and used that to swap in winter time only. During the summer for dirt digging, I swap back to the normal black pins. The middle curl hitch pin, I drilled a hole to install a zerk and drilled another hole to let grease come up to the middle of pin.
I use the same hitch pins for bucket when I need it during the winter so swapping it only takes me 10 mins or so. If you cant spend 10 mins of your time, then something is wrong. I believe the new QA's will eliminate that time wasting.

I will have to take new pics of the pin setup - but I been bad lately with getting new pics snapped of my work. I'll try this week if nothing eats my time.

That'd be great if you could take pictures! I'm thinking I might go the route you took! I originally was thinking I would build an attachment that connected to the front bumper. Similar to how the Kubota blade/blower attach to the front. That way I could switch between blade and bucket as needed.