Kubota BX Turf tires

/ Kubota BX Turf tires #11  
Yeah, the R4s have a thicker/tougher sidewall, as I recall. Unless you really need the turfs, a gallon of Slime will do all four tires in no time...cheap, easy and permanent. Slime is great stuff, it's worked miracles for many here (myself included). You can find it at TSC (Tractor Supply), Auto Zone and, I'm sure, lots of other places (WalMart?)

I've never done Slime, came close several times but their container and web site promote it as a time limited repair and not a permanent repair. Don't remember for sure but it was either 2 years or 1 year per them. That's why I never did Slime and had a tube installed which has been a permanent repair for me in the past. Not promoting or bad mouthing either fix, just pointing out my experience with tubes and Companys info regarding Slime.

/ Kubota BX Turf tires #13  
Hey all, dredging up an old thread here. I'm looking for turfs for my BX2350 and read somewhere that turfs on a FEL-equipped BX is a bad idea. Any truth to that?

Forgive the newb question -- I'm like John Snow, I know nothing :laughing: -- but is Kubota the only place to get rims that will fit my BX? Ideally, I'd like to have a separate set of turfs and keep my R4's. The dealer quoted me about $1100 for a set of rims & turfs (I had to go through Sales Dept, not Parts Dept, oddly enough). With no luck on Craigslist, I'm trying to find a set of rims and turfs for less than that.

Thanks!

/ Kubota BX Turf tires #14  
From everything i have read around the internet (everything on internet is true, right?), the sales dept is the cheapest place to get wheel and tire combo-i want to buy a set of ags to go with my turfs.

As far as loader and turfs-my bx1860 cane from the factory with turfs and a loader. If it isnt good why did the factory do it? I wanted one with ags but dealer couldnt find it.

/ Kubota BX Turf tires #15  
Hey all, dredging up an old thread here. I'm looking for turfs for my BX2350 and read somewhere that turfs on a FEL-equipped BX is a bad idea. Any truth to that? Forgive the newb question -- I'm like John Snow, I know nothing :laughing: -- but is Kubota the only place to get rims that will fit my BX? Ideally, I'd like to have a separate set of turfs and keep my R4's. The dealer quoted me about $1100 for a set of rims & turfs (I had to go through Sales Dept, not Parts Dept, oddly enough). With no luck on Craigslist, I'm trying to find a set of rims and turfs for less than that. Thanks!

I've had 2 different BX tractors over a dozen or so years with turfs. Both of them have loaders and I have not experienced any issues. I never tried one with R4's though.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Kubota BX Turf tires #16  
I have turfs, you just want to keep them aired up for loader work. Are you sure that price is right? I was thinking I was once quoted a price for R4's with rims and it was cheaper than I thought it would be, like $350 but that was several years ago and I'm not sure.

/ Kubota BX Turf tires #17  
My BX has had turf tires for 12 years now with the FEL. Front tires are foam filled.
No problem digging or pushing snow. Easier on the lawn too.