Buying Advice Kubota BX vs. MF2400 vs. Simplicity Legacy XL

/ Kubota BX vs. MF2400 vs. Simplicity Legacy XL #11  
Go with the Kubota, great tractor, My BX23TLB is a can do tractor,spread an amazing amount of dirt, dig like a woodchuck and blow huge amounts of snow 40' to 50' off driveway. With the Bar tires has amazing traction.
DevilDog 100_4593.jpg

/ Kubota BX vs. MF2400 vs. Simplicity Legacy XL #12  
Hi,
If that is your tractor in photo...looks like ag R1 tires rather than r4's?
tp

/ Kubota BX vs. MF2400 vs. Simplicity Legacy XL
John,

Thanks for your response. I notice you are in Somerset, KY, which is where I believe Barlows is located. What is their reputation?

I have seen several posts advising people to get a quote from them. I got them to quote me yesterday, and they came in about $1,400 less for a BX2360 with a 60" MMM and a 50" FM snowblower ($14,150). A FEL would be another $2,150, for a total of $16,300. Of course some of the difference comes from sales tax (6% where I am).

It looks like people have ordered from them from all over the US. I would be concerned about getting proper service from my local dealer if I bought from another dealer so far away.

If anyone has ever purchased from them, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,
Chris

/ Kubota BX vs. MF2400 vs. Simplicity Legacy XL #14  
John,

Thanks for your response. I notice you are in Somerset, KY, which is where I believe Barlows is located. What is their reputation?

I have seen several posts advising people to get a quote from them. I got them to quote me yesterday, and they came in about $1,400 less for a BX2360 with a 60" MMM and a 50" FM snowblower ($14,150). A FEL would be another $2,150, for a total of $16,300. Of course some of the difference comes from sales tax (6% where I am).

It looks like people have ordered from them from all over the US. I would be concerned about getting proper service from my local dealer if I bought from another dealer so far away.

If anyone has ever purchased from them, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,
Chris
I bought my first tractor from Barlows six years ago, it was a BX2200 FEL MMM. I've bought 9 more from them since then, not BX2200's but other models. My next door neighbor, Ron Phelps has bought 2 from them, another neighbor Jim has bought at least one from them. My brother in law Tim Daulton has bought one from them and my nephew Kevin Plagge has bought one from them. I know Randall in WV has bought a couple from them and LB from Ohio has bought a couple from them. Guess that answers their reputation locally and also has anyone ever purchased from them. I have also bought 2 RatchetRakes from RatchetRake and several cars from Frankie Bullock and Doug Harrison and Bobby Whittaker. I continue to buy "stuff" from people that treat me "fair" and are reputable.

/ Kubota BX vs. MF2400 vs. Simplicity Legacy XL #15  
Go with the Kubota, great tractor, My BX23TLB is a can do tractor,spread an amazing amount of dirt, dig like a woodchuck and blow huge amounts of snow 40' to 50' off driveway. With the Bar tires has amazing traction.
DevilDogView attachment 158383

Hi,
If that is your tractor in photo...looks like ag R1 tires rather than r4's?
tp
HE said they were Ags.

/ Kubota BX vs. MF2400 vs. Simplicity Legacy XL #16  
I was in the similar boat as you before- I got the BX mainly for it's longitivity. I got tired of having briggs and Strattons and kohler engines crapping out after so many hours of use. The kubota and MF both have great reputation for high engine hours and still running. SO whichever way you go, go diesel- it may outlast you and you will have less problems 10 years down the road.
No FEL? you might reconsider after having one. On the BX it comes off in a jiffy, and goes on in a jiffy when you need it. ;) I have about 2 acres and find the FEL wonderful for everything I do.

/ Kubota BX vs. MF2400 vs. Simplicity Legacy XL #17  
i would go with the 2360 without a doubt. you can never have enough power blowing snow and if i remeber correctly isnt it bit bigger than the 1860? I have used the simplicity and I agree the simplicity is somwhere between a subcompact and a regualr riding mower.

/ Kubota BX vs. MF2400 vs. Simplicity Legacy XL #18  
i would go with the 2360 without a doubt. you can never have enough power blowing snow and if i remeber correctly isnt it bit bigger than the 1860? I have used the simplicity and I agree the simplicity is somwhere between a subcompact and a regualr riding mower.

2360 is 3" longer and 1" higher than the 1860 according to the owner's manual.

I think either will work...just depends how much you wish to spend.

/ Kubota BX vs. MF2400 vs. Simplicity Legacy XL #19  
It's been along time since you first started this thread. Did you ever buy something?

If you're still on the fence (took me three years to convince myself to buy) DON'T EVEN CONSIDER BUYING without the FEL. Like anything else most folks must consider resale expecially spending this type of $. A tractor without a FEL has a much lower resale value. I prowled Craig's list for years and saw them sit with no sale and then get reposted over with a lower price over and over again. Every one of the owners I called said "well I just used it to haul stuff, etc, never really needed a FEL." And of course adding one later is a much more expensive than if you include it in you initial purchase.