Kubota BX22/23/24/25/25D/25D-1 Backhoe: How deep have you dug?

/ Kubota BX22/23/24/25/25D/25D-1 Backhoe: How deep have you dug? #11  
I'm pretty sure with the BX, if you are at idle or a little above it you get almost zero power with the hydraulics. Its just the way the machine is setup. You have to get up near 2000 rpms to get any kind of hydraulic flow and power.

/ Kubota BX22/23/24/25/25D/25D-1 Backhoe: How deep have you dug? #12  
I'm pretty sure with the BX, if you are at idle or a little above it you get almost zero power with the hydraulics. Its just the way the machine is setup. You have to get up near 2000 rpms to get any kind of hydraulic flow and power.
I know my BX22 is that way. I think that was addressed somewhat in later models. More flow gets you higher efficiency too.

Kim

/ Kubota BX22/23/24/25/25D/25D-1 Backhoe: How deep have you dug? #13  
i usually dig 4-4.5 ft with BX24, but i have dug down to 9 ft with BX. Now I can see the expression you guys are making right now ... :laughing: how can a BX that has boom limit of 4 ftish dig 12 ft? well -- thinking outside the box, i ran into this dilemma once. I was diging to the BX max and realized uh - oh i need to go deeper. MUCH deeper for a sewer line collapse. Since the trench was already dug, I just turned the tractor around and dug with the FEL until I was down 5 feet. It was alot of driving down a steep slope, backing out of trench with fully loaded bucket. good thing the trench was already dug in middle so that helps to break the soil easier. When I was down to desired depth with FEL, I just dug a side terrance for a place for dirt for BH can reach. Then i BH'ed the rest of depth needed. needless to say - i needed a bigger machine, but i got the job done with what i had that day.

Lots of folks say "a small tractor will do anything a bigger one will, it just takes longer" but that's a perfect example of both points.

/ Kubota BX22/23/24/25/25D/25D-1 Backhoe: How deep have you dug? #14  
I know my BX22 is that way. I think that was addressed somewhat in later models. More flow gets you higher efficiency too.

Kim

My BX25D is the same way, at idle it has very little flow, crank it up a bit and it is smooth.

/ Kubota BX22/23/24/25/25D/25D-1 Backhoe: How deep have you dug? #15  
Moving while in backhoe position

I have some kind of cutoff switch, I guess...2005 BX23. If I have the seat in BH position, if I push the hydro pedal to move, it cuts off the engine.
I just kneel backwards with the seat facing forward.

like the BH pin idea!

Mendo

/ Kubota BX22/23/24/25/25D/25D-1 Backhoe: How deep have you dug? #16  
Don't tell the safety police but I bypassed that one with a zip type.

/ Kubota BX22/23/24/25/25D/25D-1 Backhoe: How deep have you dug? #17  
Deep, really deep...if I dug any deeper I would need a passport.