Kubota BX2200 - smoking...

/ Kubota BX2200 - smoking... #1  

Sedge1

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Friends, while mowing today, white smoke wafted out from under the hood. It was about an hour or so into the mow. About 3 minutes after I first fired it up at the beginning of the mow, it just conked out, which it has never done. It started up with no issue, but did it again about 10 minutes in. then the smoke happened about an hour later. The gauge all read normal. The temp was in the normal range, and the engine ran fine, with no roughness, until it didn't. There was a slight buring smell, but nothing powerful. I did not try turning it on after the smoking event. I should mention that I did clean the interior filter screen, and cowl before the mow.
So are there any things that I, as a non-mechanic can do to try to eliminate possible causes before calling my local daer and spending the $$$.
Thanks for the help.
David

/ Kubota BX2200 - smoking... #2  
I believe you need some dealer interventio9n and I know your local dealer. They are good people.

/ Kubota BX2200 - smoking... #3  
Fuel filters are a common problem on BX’s, but your symptoms don’t seem to match that. Usually the tractor loses power and stutters.

/ Kubota BX2200 - smoking... #4  
After it cools down, open the hood and look around to see if you can see what may have burned. Possibly some wiring. Could be something simple (but usually not) - worth it to at least look around first.

/ Kubota BX2200 - smoking... #5  
Friends, while mowing today, white smoke wafted out from under the hood. It was about an hour or so into the mow. About 3 minutes after I first fired it up at the beginning of the mow, it just conked out, which it has never done. It started up with no issue, but did it again about 10 minutes in. then the smoke happened about an hour later. The gauge all read normal. The temp was in the normal range, and the engine ran fine, with no roughness, until it didn't. There was a slight buring smell, but nothing powerful. I did not try turning it on after the smoking event. I should mention that I did clean the interior filter screen, and cowl before the mow.
So are there any things that I, as a non-mechanic can do to try to eliminate possible causes before calling my local daer and spending the $$$.
Thanks for the help.
David

You say from under the hood and not the exhaust. I would look around for something burnt like seville009 says. Perhaps a wire that is shorting out or you may have inadvertently bumped something while you were in there cleaning the filter?