Kubota BX2200 with LA112 Front Loader

/ Kubota BX2200 with LA112 Front Loader #21  
There's currently a thread here on TbN about replacing torn boots on a Kubota, and Messicks is a good place to start in finding just the boots. The tread has some good photos of how to go about it- looks very easy.

If you email Kubota with your model and S/N, they will let you know the date of manuf. for your tractor. I've done it three times for used Kubotas. Wish I could remember just how, but if I can do it, it must be easy.

/ Kubota BX2200 with LA112 Front Loader
I changed the engine oil and filter today. Old oil was pretty dark. Coolant looked pretty good so I think I will hold off on changing that. Next up will be deck service (blades, gear oil change, grease fittings). I have the 60" MMM. That thing is heavy! I did notice the other day that my fuel gauge wasn't working. After a restart, it was functional again. I removed and cleaned all of the fuses. Sticky fuel level sending unit perhaps? Anyone else had this problem?

/ Kubota BX2200 with LA112 Front Loader #23  
I changed the engine oil and filter today. Old oil was pretty dark. Coolant looked pretty good so I think I will hold off on changing that. Next up will be deck service (blades, gear oil change, grease fittings). I have the 60" MMM. That thing is heavy! I did notice the other day that my fuel gauge wasn't working. After a restart, it was functional again. I removed and cleaned all of the fuses. Sticky fuel level sending unit perhaps? Anyone else had this problem?

Oh, yeah. Definitely have had problems with the fuel sending unit.

It turns out that the fuel sending unit's seal will leak. It is under the left side fender. Be on the look out for fuel in the area when the tank is full.

Anyway, there was a TSB on the problem and my dealer replaced the seal. Then the fuel gauge didn't work correctly. I took the BX back and the dealer, a mom and pop business, and the owner told me that the fuel float is a convoluted mess and has to be installed PRECISELY or it will hang up on the wall of the tank and give incorrect readings.

So they had to take off the ROPS and all the flashing again and give the float a twist to get it to read right. Well, the new seal also leaked so back the BX went. And the fuel gauge didn't work right again. So back it went again! It must have cost a fortune in labor to replace a $2 seal.

But now all is well.

As far as reading correctly for a while and then not, that is exactly the behavior my gauge had when it was necessary to adjust the float. Your BX may have had the seal replaced and not had the float lined up just right. What you do about it, if anything, depends on how accurate you want the readings to be. Mine seemed to be OK with a quarter tank or less remaining. But that means you'd have to keep a close eye on it to avoid running dry.

And diesel engine oil will get dark and ugly with just a few hours on it. Not to worry.

Thanks gwdixon! I am pretty good with a wrench, so I may take a look at it if it acts up again.

So yesterday I started up my tractor and it stumbled for a couple minutes. When it was stumbling, I could not effectively increase or decrease rpm. After a couple of minutes, the tractor smoothed right out and I used it to grate the road for 30 mins or so. Any guesses as to what it going on? Air in fuel system? Like I said in previous posts, I replaced both fuel filters and have had the tractor running with no issues, so I think any air in the lines would have disappeared by now.

/ Kubota BX2200 with LA112 Front Loader #26  
So yesterday I started up my tractor and it stumbled for a couple minutes. When it was stumbling, I could not effectively increase or decrease rpm. After a couple of minutes, the tractor smoothed right out and I used it to grate the road for 30 mins or so. Any guesses as to what it going on? Air in fuel system? Like I said in previous posts, I replaced both fuel filters and have had the tractor running with no issues, so I think any air in the lines would have disappeared by now.

I would start with some fuel system cleaner. Also, maybe some water in the system.

/ Kubota BX2200 with LA112 Front Loader #27  
No big deal, mine's done the same, as mentioned try some conditioner, maybe a little Heet for diesel (different than for gas). If it continues, go from there, blowing back into the tank to clear intake, etc., there are several old threads on this if it continues. Keep us posted.

I fuel mine out of a bulk tank with a filter, some use a funnel with some type of filtering element.

/ Kubota BX2200 with LA112 Front Loader #28  
I have a BX2200 I bought in 2001 with 950 hours on it. I have had to replace the seals on the swivel joint on both sides of the front axle. I have the leak in the fuel tank and just don't fill it up. Love the tractor! Made a cab for it. Added a loader quick attach from my tractor tools Tach-N-Go + INNOVATIVE ATTACHMENTS and forks, really handy. I also upgraded the generator from a 7 amp to a 45 amp with a kit from Kubota.

Over the weekend, I cleaned and serviced the mower deck. I need to replace one of the wheels/bolts (front right wheel has a lot of slop). I haven't run the tractor again yet, so I am not sure if my previous shudder problem is gone.

So I fixed my gauge problems today...very easy...just jiggled the fuse holder and they functioned normally. All I did was remove, clean and reinstall the 15 amp acc fuse.