Comparison Kubota BX23S or Yanmar SA221

/ Kubota BX23S or Yanmar SA221 #1  

MurilloGuy

Tractor
None
I am looking to buy a new SCUT primarily for snow removal and lawn cutting. I will use the FEL (and backhoe is I decide to get) for odd jobs around the yard. The reason I have narrowed down to these 2 is they are the only dealers around here in NW Ontario. Both dealers are pretty good.

Some questions:

1) Anyone have a SA221? How is it? Doesn't seem to be too many reviews on these, however everyone says Yanmar makes a really good product.
2) Is the backhoe worth the extra money? I have a few jobs in mind, but am sure I'd find more if I actually had one. Pricey tho.
3) Front snowblower and rear blade OR front hydraulic blade and rear blower?

Any other comments are welcome. Just trying to see who has these machines and how they like them for mowing and snow removal.

Thanks!

/ Kubota BX23S or Yanmar SA221 #2  
Both tractors are very good. As far as the backhoe goes, unless you have a lot of projects / tasks needing to be done, the cost of the backhoe might not be worth it. Definitely nice to have when needed, but could be a costly ornament. Personally, I wouldn't be without one, but I still have a lot of projects needing the use of a backhoe.

The Yanmars have a very good reputation, there are some good features for a "no frills" tractor. Not sure of the prices up where you are, but an 'upgrade' to the SA324 / 424 would be well worth it.