Mowing Kubota BX24. Real tractor or a glorified lawn mower?

/ Kubota BX24. Real tractor or a glorified lawn mower? #71  
I found my BX2230 on Craigslist while searching for a ZTR mower. The BX was a great deal with implements, so good in fact, I thought it may be a scam. It wasn't, and I bought it. It may be the best investment I ever made as it work unbelievably well for mowing, plowing snow, brush hogging, and light loader work. I wrote light loader work because I have tried to pick up things that are too heavy for the loader and the lift height is not as high as I have needed from time to time. Both of those limitations are expected.
I have not seen a lot of "great deals" listed on Craigslist for BXs that were not "scams". I think are a lot of scams based around the BX because a lot of the possible "targets of the scam" would love to own a BX. It take a very special person to buy a very large tractor, even if the price is too cheap to pass up.

/ Kubota BX24. Real tractor or a glorified lawn mower? #72  
we'll, is this a thread on BX or Tonka? whatever works.....let them l'ittl wheels spin! brings out the manly pride in us all!!! bb

/ Kubota BX24. Real tractor or a glorified lawn mower? #73  
It certainly is not a glorified lawn mower, it is a small tractor that will not start falling apart after 3-4 years of use, in fact, if it is like my first Kubota it will still be running strong after 20 years of use. I go to my BXs most of the time (I have 2) and only pull out the L (a full sized/big CUT) when it is a really big job. The L uses a lot more fuel and there are few jobs that the L can do that the BX can't do more economically (mostly it's a pain to run down to the gas station to pick up a bunch of diesel fuel). I've pulled out some very big tree roots with my BX24 and have dug some big holes with it. I have a lot more acreage than you, and the BX 24 handles the various normal jobs around here just fine.

/ Kubota BX24. Real tractor or a glorified lawn mower? #74  
Im pushing 1300hrs on the BX, I would say about 60% of the time is spent mowing the rest is digging or using the FEL.

The size of the BX comes in handy when getting in small places with the backhoe or FEL.

It comes down to what youre going to use the tractor for.... If you think you could use the TLB more than a mower you could just get a L26 and then buy a 3-4K lawnmower OR get the BX and have one machine. Im in the position I either need a L48 or a full sized backhoe and a 30hp FEL tractor. Same situation... one tractor to do both or two at both ends of the spectrum.

Trenching to the house:
kubota1.jpg

home made striping kit on the BX:
IMG_1280.jpg

just some eye candy of the versatility of the BX

Ian