kubota bx24 stalls when going up hill

/ kubota bx24 stalls when going up hill #1  

mikecoleman

Tractor
kabota, BX24
my BX24 acts like its running out of fuel when i go up a steep hill.it just started doing this 2 days ago .its not instant it take about 5 to 10 seconds facing up hill before it starts to die..

/ kubota bx24 stalls when going up hill #2  
First we need more background. first is the tank full? is the diesel fresh? have you replaced both feul filters? were you in low or high gear? pulling anything ? what rpms were you at when this happened?

/ kubota bx24 stalls when going up hill #3  
The simple things first. Is the vent in your fuel cap plugged? Is your fuel filter clogged? Is your air filter clogged? Is there dirt in the bottom of your fuel tank that could be sliding over the fuel outlet in the bottom of your tank when you go uphill?

/ kubota bx24 stalls when going up hill
yes the fuel is fresh and the tank is full. when i first noticied it i was mowing uphill and the next time i noticied it i had the backhoe and loader on it and i was in low range. i have 380 hours on the tractor. i have never changed the fuel filter or the air filter and i haven't checked the vent cap. i thought it was a secondary pump because i had no issues on any other terrain except sideways on a steep grade once but that time i was below half a tank of gas.

/ kubota bx24 stalls when going up hill #7  
just because your tank is full of fresh fuel does not mean your filters are not plugged, dirt could be in the tank, algee could be growing in the tank/lines, etc.

/ kubota bx24 stalls when going up hill #8  
...i have never changed the fuel filter or the air filter...
It says in your profile that you have 380 hours? I have 270 hours and I'm on my third air filter and 2nd fuel filter... that remind me, I need to pick up another replacement :ashamed: You need to swap both out...

/ kubota bx24 stalls when going up hill
thanks ill start with changing both filters and ill try to clean the vent cap.i think you guys are right at least i hope your right.either way ill post how it worked out.thanks again to everyone who replied....

/ kubota bx24 stalls when going up hill #10  
I had the same problem with my JD, just happened going up hill. Turned out to be a bit of silicone in the fuel tank. It would move to the rear and partially plug the fuel outlet. It eventually got sucked in and plugged it completely.
When my hand pump on my diesel tank was repaired silicone was used for gaskets, some broke free and caused problems for a few months untill I got it ALL out.
If its filters the problem would happen on the flat as well.