Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?)

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #81  
I'm going to chime in here and mention my fuel issues (BX25). Same as Old Coot... bogs down going uphill under heavy load (bush hog). First thing I did was change both fuel filters. Did fine for a couple hours then bogged down again. Checked the flow from tank to first filter and got just a trickle. So, OK, clogged fuel tank. Since my spine looks like a snake and I only get 10 bendovers per day, I called the dealer to inquire about cost to remove and clean tank... FOUR HUNDRED dollars! Not doing that yet. What I plan to do is get a diesel transfer pump (Amazon, $40), fill the tank with about a gallon or 2, then run the pump intake hose all around the bottom of the tank with extra effort going into the left front center section of the tank (where the outlet fitting is located). I'll pump it back into my fuel can, then cover the gas cap with a filter cloth and pour it back into the tank to see what I sucked out of the bottom of the tank. My transfer pump won't arrive for a few more days but when it does, and after I've had a chance to mow for a while, I'll report back the results. So before I get going does anyone have any suggestions about this plan?

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #82  
cant u just pull off the outlet hose from the tank & catch any debris while "flushing" it??
Dont forget, some of those small tractors have a filter in the outlet pipe..
..so it my be in your best interest to try to remove the outlet entirely.. from the tank..???

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #83  
Wish I could. Trouble is, when they built the BX25 they started with a fuel tank then built a tractor around it. The fuel tank is about the most inaccessible thing there is. I can't reach the outlet fitting. I can get to the end of the hose from the tank to the 1st fuel filter but whatever is in the tank is stuck in there or I would find it in the filter (wouldn't I?). Also, whatever is in the tank isn't stuck there permanently because sometimes the tractor can pull a hill with no problem and at other times it won't. It acts as though the debris or whatever sloshes around as I move and sometimes it blocks the outlet and sometimes not. Wish I had a borescope.

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #84  
I don't know weather or not the tank has "baffles" but it probably does..
Just Google, "suck bucket".. its a really smart way of cleaning your tank without making a mess w/ your shop vac..
I've used the idea SEVERAL times w/ great success.. & in some places I had to reduce the line size to 5/16".. {that's small}
I keep the bucket in the corner of the shop, cuz ya never know when your gonna need it again..

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #85  
I had this issue with a BX2670. I blew some air up the fuel line, and it cleared the jam. Only a trickle at first, then came the flood. Mowed today like she did before. We'll see how long this lasts. Maybe I'll have to clean the tank, but I have no intention of taking it out if I can help it. Any successful tank clean stories out there?

/ Kubota BX25 sputtering under load (not fuel filters?) #86  
I had this issue with a BX2670. I blew some air up the fuel line, and it cleared the jam. Only a trickle at first, then came the flood. Mowed today like she did before. We'll see how long this lasts. Maybe I'll have to clean the tank, but I have no intention of taking it out if I can help it. Any successful tank clean stories out there?

I cleaned a tank on a G1800 and had no trouble doing it and had good results.