KUBOTA BX25 WONT START

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #11  
Do you leave your BX in hi or low range when starting? I've read several accounts where people having your symptoms have to tap the motion lever to make sure it's in neutral before starting. Other option would be to shift into neutral before starting. Agree it's a safety switch issues, either PTO or not in neutral - meaning the motion pedal is not returning all the way and you're in hi or low range.

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #12  
My BX2660 easily starts in either slow or fast range, also starts without the parking brake on.
It also will start without someone in the seat.
It will NOT start with the PTO engaged, not with the HST pedal a little off center.

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #13  
Do you leave your BX in hi or low range when starting? I've read several accounts where people having your symptoms have to tap the motion lever to make sure it's in neutral before starting. Other option would be to shift into neutral before starting. Agree it's a safety switch issues, either PTO or not in neutral - meaning the motion pedal is not returning all the way and you're in hi or low range.

I agree and that is why all my safety switches are bye bye..Just like the stock BX22.

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #16  
The 50 and 60 series will start in gear just as psvines described. Earlier models won't.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Is the BX25 the same (starts in gear)?

It does make sense. As long as the HST pedal has a safety switch, it can't run away when started. Kubota saves on electrical, and there are less switch failures to contend with.

Last edited:
   / KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #17  
I had the same starting and stalling issue with my BX25 (delivered in June). I found that dirt had gotten up between the PTO handle and switch and the handle wasn't making proper contact on the safety. Once that was cleared out, the problems were gone. I've powered washed mine with no issues to report. I did have one other starting issue and that was under the rear fender is a little black timer switch that I swear was just hanging when the trator was delivered. Somehow, that little box got crushed (pinched) and the tractor wouldn't turn over. The dealer came out, figured out the problem, put in a new timer, mounted it with a bolt and nut under the fender, and then charged me $275 for the service call and part. Had just 30 hours on it at that time. I was more that a little ticked off! I call it a manufacturer defect and part should have been replaced on principle for nothing. I just spent 25K to buy the machine!

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #18  
JSHoffman. Did I read right 25K for a BX25?? Wow and I thought that the 16K I paid was a little high.

/ KUBOTA BX25 WONT START #19  
Yes with a MMM, and grass catcher, and tiller, and full set of mounted turf tires, 3 pt hitch....I think that covers it. Oh, tax 12% here in Manitoba. ey yi yi, eh!