Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #341  
Speaking of acquiring new BX-70 series accessories for use with earlier models, has anyone seen or heard of the new Kubota BX thumb being available for sale independent of a new BX25D? I'm very interested in looking at one for my BX25, but haven't found any leads so far. Thanks.

The problem with adding the new OEM thumb to an older BX24/25 is that the new BX25D hoe comes with the mounting bosses already welded onto the dipper stick. You would have to have equivalent bosses welded onto your current BX, or buy a whole new dipper stick at substantial cost I would assume. Not an easy upgrade vs the FEL quick hitch.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #342  
The problem with adding the new OEM thumb to an older BX24/25 is that the new BX25D hoe comes with the mounting bosses already welded onto the dipper stick. You would have to have equivalent bosses welded onto your current BX, or buy a whole new dipper stick at substantial cost I would assume. Not an easy upgrade vs the FEL quick hitch.

Yes, very expensive. I looked into that option on my BH75 hoe for my B3030 and decided it was not cost effective.

So I went the cheaper route and traded for a whole new machine with some upgrades - cab, new FEL, new backhoe with the factory thumb already installed. Yes, much cheaper than a new dipper stick :duh:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #343  
Photo Mar 09, 1 27 42 PM.jpgPhoto Mar 09, 1 28 27 PM.jpgPhoto Mar 09, 1 39 17 PM.jpgPhoto Mar 09, 1 46 00 PM.jpgPhoto Mar 09, 1 46 10 PM.jpgPhoto Mar 09, 1 54 31 PM.jpgPhoto Mar 09, 1 58 37 PM.jpg

Well, I said I would send some pictures, so here they are!

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #344  
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #345  

Awesome! Thanks for posting!

What year was your BX put into service (i.e., what "year" is it)?

Are those the Kubota forks? They appear to allow for adjustable fork width, right? If you don't mind, may I ask how much the forks were? I understand the QA was $300.

Do you know the weight of the QA? Of the forks? Thanks!

Congrats!

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #346  
Awesome! Thanks for posting!

What year was your BX put into service (i.e., what "year" is it)?

Are those the Kubota forks? They appear to allow for adjustable fork width, right? If you don't mind, may I ask how much the forks were? I understand the QA was $300.

Do you know the weight of the QA? Of the forks? Thanks!

Congrats!

It's a 2008. They are the Kubota 70 series forks, adjustable width, around 200 lbs for forks and frame, under 50 lbs for the quick attach. Just over $600 for the forks and frame

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #347  
JHill,

That is great to see. I have a 2008 BX that I would love to put the new Kubota QA system on. I see you are in Bow, what dealer did you go through? Did they give you any trouble about selling the QA for installation on the older BX model? I'm in southern NH and will hopefully be purchasing the new QA system this summer. Thanks.

Matt.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #348  
JHill,

That is great to see. I have a 2008 BX that I would love to put the new Kubota QA system on. I see you are in Bow, what dealer did you go through? Did they give you any trouble about selling the QA for installation on the older BX model? I'm in southern NH and will hopefully be purchasing the new QA system this summer. Thanks.

Matt.

Matt, I bought this from Chappell tractor in Milford. I had no trouble, just that the 70 series loaders have some additional reinforcement some wheres, so basically I am on my own if the loader breaks. It essentially moves the bucket or forks 4'' forward, so I chose to take my chances for what that can add for additional stress. I am just using it to move stuff around on pallets (nothing over 300lbs), and it should be handy for brush. I don't think the hydraulics on a bx are strong enough to bend anything anyways.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #349  
Do you think there will any additional stress on the loader with the quick attach since it moves it forward it will cut down on your lift capacity?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #350  
Do you think there will any additional stress on the loader with the quick attach since it moves it forward it will cut down on your lift capacity?

Right, it will add stress, and it will cut down the lift capacity; but the bx models are pretty conservative with hydraulic power compared to the strength and design of the machine. I read these forums all the time, and I've yet to hear of a bx owner who damaged their loader because the hydraulics were more powerful than the strength of the loader frame. They are designed not to pick up much weight in the first place, since the machine is so light. I am technically taking a chance, but I don't believe I will come close to damaging the loader frame if used with some common sense. The intent for me is one more of convenience for moving and storing implements (mower deck, bagger, snow blower, etc.) than to try to pick up the heaviest objects the tractor will lift. The lift capacity of an la203 loader is 408lbs 500mm forward of the pivot pin, and 613lbs at the pin, to maximum height. Now if you tried to pick up 600lbs on the tip of your forks, and keep horsing it trying to lift it, that's when you run the chance of bending something. That certainly isn't what I am going to do with it! I could be wrong, but I think the hydraulic bypass would kick in anyways, before anything could bend.