Buying Advice kubota bx25d or kubota l3200

/ kubota bx25d or kubota l3200 #1  

cardo

Tractor
none
which would I get the most use out of a bx25d with backhoe or l3200 with fel?

/ kubota bx25d or kubota l3200 #2  
Hmmmm. Since we have no idea what you intend to use it for, how could we answer that question?

If you're digging trenches, the BX25.

If you're moving dirt, the L3200 and FEL.

If you're entering tractor pulls, neither one.

Or, you could spend a few minutes composing a post that tells us a little bit about what you want to accomplish.

/ kubota bx25d or kubota l3200 #3  
Looking at the same question a few weeks ago...

Decided on an L3200 and then it was too late.

Dealer came up with an L3800... no regrets.

Not totally a fair comparison because I still have my BX23 and probably always will!

/ kubota bx25d or kubota l3200 #4  
Dont know what acreage you have... but go L if you have any acreage at all and are looking for a" tractor" as opposed to a garden tractor on steroids..

You can always rent a mini-ex to dig. Its a way better, faster digger anyways. Lots of rental time would be covered by the added cost of the BX hoe.

/ kubota bx25d or kubota l3200 #5  
thats a huge difference in models. First off the L is like a tractor on steroids compared to the BX. The BX is quick and nimble, easy to drive. The L has the power to do heavy duty work like on the farm or long days of bush hogging.

Like the other posters said - we have NO idea what you already have and why are you looking for a tractor and where you intend to use it. If you get the L and use it on 1/2 acre of land to mow, I would be scratching my head why? you see where I am going with this?:eek:

/ kubota bx25d or kubota l3200 #6  
Many here post about what all they do with their backhoes. With the exception of saving some effort to put in a sidewalk, I can't think of any reason I'd need one. The FEL is another story. Mine sees quite a bit of use. It's handy for loading / unloading heavy things, snow removal, hauling mulch, moving tree trimmings, etc. I made a set of brush forks and added a wear edge to mine. It is only mounted when it's needed because it's so easy on and off.

There are other 3PH implements that are handy and are not as much a permanent commitment as an FEL or backhoe. We recently graded and seeded another adjacent 1-1/3 acres. I bought a box blade to make life easier. It was used and after completing the work still looks great. I have no more use for it so will probably sell it.

The tractor is still nimble enough to be a great lawn mower with the 6' RFM. I take care of my neighbor lady's lawn (1/2 acre at most) and our 3-1/2. This past winter I kept the old Ford at our church to do sidewalks and drove the Kubota there for the larger snows to clear the parking spaces along two streets. I had a B7500 for 10 years before getting the L3200 and am much happier with the larger tractor.

/ kubota bx25d or kubota l3200 #7  
The tractors are so vastly different it really depends on what you want to do.

/ kubota bx25d or kubota l3200 #8  
Although I ended up buying a JD 3720 to replace my 1026R, I looked hard at the L3800 & L4600. The SCUTs are considerably more limited in their capabilities/uses than something like an L3200/3800. The L3200/3800 are the smaller L frame, and a good compromise between the SCUTs and the larger L4600s & MXs.

Give some thought to future needs. Reading this forum will help give you ideas. The SCUTs work for many people, but you'd like to avoid trading it in after realizing that you should have bought more tractor.