Comparison Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again)

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #21  
indianfan101 said:
I would like to thank everyone that responded... it certainly has helped me make my decision to buy the Kubota BX2660. I too liked the JD features (particularly autoconnect) but really want the best long term. $3,000 goes a long way to paying for service, maintenance and add-ons over the life of the tractor. Kubota it is.

Congratulations! I'm sure you can put your mind at ease now that you've committed to a specific model. I think you'll be pleased with the bx.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #22  
I thought this is interesting. All things being equal (dealer discounts), at a $3000 discount the Kubota guy is either leaving something out or paying you to take the tractor. For the 3.8% price difference I believe that the seat, position control, loader park stand, loader bucket quick attach, directional pedals, folding ROPS, AutoConnect, fender lights, toolbox, cup holders, instruments, tilt steering, floor pad, SCV position, three point hitch sway bars, MMM lift linkage, hydro cooling fan, fuel tank location, and available attachments are well worth the difference. Last year in my area, phone calls to three BX dealers and three R dealers yielded a spread of +/- $250, not even worth talking about. All were 14-16 percent lower than attached.

I sure hope you don't consider this list of "features" you've compiled to be features the 1026R has over the BX. I will agree with some of them, namely position control, bucket quick attach, tilt steering and the dedicated oil cooler. I would, all other things equal, pay more for some/all of these features. The others, not so sure.

Loader park stand - BX has a loader stand that works just fine.
Direction pedals - much prefer the fore/aft pedals of the BX (I had an X485 with the side by side pedals)
Folding ROPS - My BX has folding ROPS, though I know the other models don't, but are short enough to fit in any garage
Autoconnect - can be an advantage if it works right, but a disadvantage if you go off lawn as the PTO hook up hardware hangs down quite a bit
Fender Lights - These look to be in the way to me and of little value. I want auxilliary lights up high and added them to my BX Roll Bar and would do the same on the 1026R
Cup Holders - BX has one as well
Instruments - Would like the dedicated tach, but on the other hand I prefer a real fuel gauge like the BX vs fuel cap gauge on the 1026R
Floor Pad - The BX has a very open floor pan that's metal with a non-slip membrane over it. Not sure but it looks like the 1026R is a heavy plastic floor pan to me
SCV Position - Might be an advantage or not depending on personal choice. I have no issue with where the loader stick is on my BX
3PH Sway Bars - Not sure what you're getting at here since both models have sway bars that are the turnbuckle type AFAIK
MMM Lift Linkage - Again, not sure what advantage you're alluding to. All I've read is that the lift linkage including independent lift on the old 2305 was poorly designed. The BX works great with no issues.
Fuel Tank Location - Both are under the seat so no need to lift heavy 5 gal cans onto the hood (which I'm sure the 1026R's plastic hood couldn't support)

On the other side of the equation, I'll take metal, repairable body panels all day long over the thin plastic on the 1026R, and I've had a JD with plastic so I have lived with both. Also, due to market share and how long the BX series has been out, there is a host of aftermarket stuff available for them; much more than any other SCUT make. Just another point of view for all those SCUT shoppers out there.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #23  
for saving 3k - I'd be putting that money into implements same day I buy the BX. Just think what you could add on for 3k?! :drool:

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #24  
CHD,

I guess you've put all of the potential one series advantages to bed. So it really is $3000 paint after all. I guess I wouldn't mind having a set of loader quick attach forks and a quick attach grapple bucket for the price difference. Oh yeah, you have to buy the Deere first to get a quick attach loader bucket.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #25  
for what its worth, I was really thinking the new Deere was going to give us trouble this season... but by all accounts I've heard Kubota is doing very well this season and we've seen the typical strong sales out of that series.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #26  
Here is what I did. I am lucky to have local dealers for JD, Kubota and Massey-Ferguson. I went and did a test drive of each one and asked for a price. I then compared all 3 and found the MF to be about 1K cheaper than either the JD of Kubota so price was not much of factor. I then compared how I liked the feel of each and the features. In the end I went with the JD 1026R with the 54" deck.
You should also give serious consideration to the dealership. While all 3 were okay the JD dealer seemed much more professional to me.

In your case, I'd really question why the local JD dealer was 3K more!

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again)
Thanks for your input. I bought the Kubota BX2660 and have had it for a few months now. So far, I am very happy. Surprised by the amount of power, but overall, it should do everything that I need. I will take the extra money saved and get the snow thrower soon and that makes it even more valuable.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #28  
Thanks for your input. I bought the Kubota BX2660 and have had it for a few months now. So far, I am very happy. Surprised by the amount of power, but overall, it should do everything that I need. I will take the extra money saved and get the snow thrower soon and that makes it even more valuable.

Congratulations on your BX2660, we have had ours for four years and have been very happy with it; very powerful machine indeed.

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #29  
Enjoy your new tractor! I have had the 1026 about 4 months now and am still finding new things to do with it (as well as new implements I want) :)

/ Kubota BX2660 va. John Deere 1026r (Again) #30  
I just ordered some more skid plates and wheel spacers from Bro-Tek for one of my BX's, in speaking with Richard, he said they also make some accessories for John Deere as well as Kubota. I will probably buying some for our JD2305 one of these days.