Comparison Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #11  
Both are outstanding machines quality wise. I test drove the Kubota BX2660 and like it much more than it's former models, especially the 50 series. Kubota has done a good job of working the rocker pedal better, but I still perfer the JD twin pedals. When it comes to cut quality, the 7 iron deck is about the best. The Kubota cut is quality, but the 7 iron deck is the tops, and worth every penny extra you pay. I didn't know the JD 1026 can be had with the 7 iron deck. To speak a bit more about the 7 iron deck, one only has to research TBN, and read the threads where people have adapted it to JD machine it never came compatible with from the factory. That along speaks volumes about the high standards in cut quality, durability, and smoothness of operation of the 7 iron deck. It's also tough to beat the ease of attachments with the JD models. If the cost are that close, and you have priced the JD machine with the 7 iron deck, within $250 the Kubota. Hands down the JD. The 7 iron deck is an additional $500 option if I'm not mistaken. Good luck with your decision, it's definetly a tough one to make. I personally perfer also the ergonomics of the JDs. Ergonomics strike me as being second in thought with the Kubotas. But to each his own fit with either tractor.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #12  
No question this segment is lucrative and competitive. The BX has certainly made Kubota and their dealers a boatload of bucks for the past 10 years. But times are a changin'. Kubota will likely catch up or even leap frog, as has been said.

There is pressure to innovate and compete. This is a good thing. A rising tide lifts all boats. Competition is a good thing.

I'll be very interested in what the Max is all about from Mahindra. My only concern here is that the Kubota and Deere dealerships blow away the other colors in quality, service, inventory, parts, and over-all presentation of professionalism.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R
Thanks for the thoughts and opinions so far. I'm leaning toward the 1026R right now. Unfortunately where I am (the Big Island of Hawaii) the brand and dealership options are very limited (no local Mahindra or Kioti dealer).

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #14  
...The thing that made me cross off that JD model was that it has a limited Cat 1 hitch and it seemed like you might have to get specific JD models of attachments VS just any generic Cat 1 attachment. I didn't dig into this, but would if I were to buy it...

What is "Limited" about the JD Cat1 Hitch on SCUTs? What is "limited" about the Cat1 Hitch on any other brand of SCUT?

It is not lift capacity - at least not if you are comparing machines...Kub BX2360/2660 = 670#; JD 2305/1023E/1026R = 681#; NH Boomer 1020/1025 = 700# (BTW info is from Kub's website)

What is "limited" on ALL SCUT 3-Point Hitches is the distance between the inside of the rear wheels. This distance is part of a SCUTs makeup, being on a smaller chassis with smaller tires/wheels. Because of the narrower area, the 3-Point Hitch arms are closer together, (and the PTO shaft is closer to the implement) which, in some instances can cause an issue - it's all in the geometry I guess - which is why JD chooses to use the terminology "Limited". Other manufacturers work with the same basic geometry and choose to not use the "limited" label. FWIW: I am not an engineer and I am going by what a factory engineer explained to me.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #15  
Thanks for the thoughts and opinions so far. I'm leaning toward the 1026R right now. Unfortunately where I am (the Big Island of Hawaii) the brand and dealership options are very limited (no local Mahindra or Kioti dealer).

Don't consider any other brands then what you have on the island. To have parts shipped or flown across the pond would not be cheap/fast/fun.

I think your right to lean toward the 1026r. The slightly larger price tag is well more than worth it for all the extra features it has over any of the competition currently. Wait a while till a competitor comes out with a new model that leap frogs Deere and we'll be saying the same thing the other way around - just the way it works. Right now, though, the Deere seems to be in a class all its own. Unless you want a lot less expensive tractor without the features, then others compare to the 1023e a lot better.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #16  
What is "Limited" about the JD Cat1 Hitch on SCUTs? What is "limited" about the Cat1 Hitch on any other brand of SCUT?

When I said "limited Category 1" I was taking the word from the JD brochure, I'm not sure what it means either. It says "limited Category 1" for the hitch type on the 1 series, on the regular CUT it just says "Category 1", which raised a red flag for me. However as mentioned I didn't dig into it further (I decided I wanted a bigger tractor for my uses). I did ask the JD dealer about it and got an answer that made little sense and I didn't pursue it (He's not a very good dealer). From the other posts it sounds like its a standard category 1 setup with the expected size limitations for a SCUT.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #17  
"limited" cat. one means cat. 1 implements will work on the hitch, however,
due to the shorter tires and lower ground clearance, the hitch will not pick a std. cat 1 implement up very high. The "limited" implements are made w/ shorter (height) dimensions so that they will lift higher. That is the same w/ all subs., not just Deere.

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #18  
With a couple of 2x6s under the rears, I was able to temporarily "un-limit" my 3ph. This was crucial in unloading my "farm fresh" full size tractor implement.

9437bc62.jpg

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #19  
The 1000 series can use both tractor and lawn tractor size attachments, really broadening your options for additions after the initial purchase.

Can you expound on that a little?

/ Kubota BX2660 vs John Deere 1026R #20  
See previous post pic. Lawn tractor blade on front, tractor blade on rear...