Kubota Cab Radio AM Noise/Static

/ Kubota Cab Radio AM Noise/Static #1  

fluttersmith

Tractor
Kubota M100GX, L3130, JD 6310, JD 3020, NH TZ24DA, JD 450E
Static on AM only when operating - M100GX - need antenna noise filter? AM/FM/WB REI radio. Anyone else, solution?

/ Kubota Cab Radio AM Noise/Static #2  
If it varies with engine RPM it is coming from the alternator... if it is unaffected by RPM then it's coming in via the antenna.

/ Kubota Cab Radio AM Noise/Static #3  
If the biggest problem you have is static on the radio, I probably need a Kubota.:)

/ Kubota Cab Radio AM Noise/Static #4  
Get another tractor.:laughing:

/ Kubota Cab Radio AM Noise/Static #5  
What you probably need is a static suppressor that takes away static created from the ignition. These were very common in the sixties and seventies. Rev up the engine and see if the static increases and decreases as the engine rpm change. If it does, that is what you need.

/ Kubota Cab Radio AM Noise/Static #6  
Skyhook has the right solution: a brand new blue New Holland. Works every time.

/ Kubota Cab Radio AM Noise/Static #7  
Skyhook has the right solution: a brand new blue New Holland. Works every time.
Send that pesky orange tractor to me. I'll listen to the music of the diesel.:dance1:

/ Kubota Cab Radio AM Noise/Static #8  
What you probably need is a static suppressor that takes away static created from the ignition. These were very common in the sixties and seventies. Rev up the engine and see if the static increases and decreases as the engine rpm change. If it does, that is what you need.
If more RPMs = more static then the above is correct. I would add that it could also be a bad wire sparking to ground. Example: same idea as when an electric fence is sparking to ground and you get a popping noise.

/ Kubota Cab Radio AM Noise/Static #9  
Diesel engines do not have ignition systems. Electronic fuel injection systems can cause noise. Microprocessors have a lot of RF emissions and can be a serious source of noise. Alternators often make a lot of noise, but I have never heard it describes as "static" whatever that means. Alternators produce a whining sound in a radio, the note or frequency of the whine will go up or down in frequency depending on engine RPM.

/ Kubota Cab Radio AM Noise/Static #10  

I used to purchase the ones I used at Radio Shack. Are they still in business?