Kubota catastrophic engine failures

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #12  
Don't know if this applies but if you go on You Tube and look up a guy named Lakeland Septic, he has a Kubota tracked skid steer SVL-65 that had a catastrophic motor failure at around 100 hrs or so I believe.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #13  
Not sure it’s related but diesel powered pickup trucks in the US equiped with the Bosch CP4 high pressure fuel pump have seen a lot of failures. Failure of the pump send pieces downstream sometimes resulting in $10k or more for repairs.

Failure of the pump has been attributed to lower lubricity in US diesel fuel compared to diesel fuel in Europe. Failures have generally occurred at around 100,000 miles. There are several class action lawsuits against Ford, GM, FCA, and Bosch.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #14  
Unfortunately, the warranty expired 9 months back, according to dealer.
Why don't YOU read your warranty, rather than accept the dealer's take? I believe the engine and drive line have a six year warranty.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #15  
Fuel quality and contamination (water in fuel) appear to be the leading cause of tractor engine failures and/or major repairs I’ve read about in recent years.

Mike

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #16  
Fuel quality and contamination (water in fuel) appear to be the leading cause of tractor engine failures and/or major repairs I’ve read about in recent years.

Mike
Use Mr Funnel to fuel the tractor.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #18  
I still can't get over the fact that Kubota cheaped out so much on such a sensitive fuel system. Considering how they overprice their tractors so much, would it hurt them so much if they include a simple water in fuel sensor and a light on the dash or an error code? That simple gadget could've saved lot's of money on the owners as they would easily caught the water in fuel before ruin an entire fuel system.

Even the so called "cheap brands" have a water in fuel sensor on models with common rail engines.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #19  
I agree that a 'water in fuel' warning light should be on these fancy tractors. I also just recently had a $10,000 repair bill on my Kubota Grand L6060.

My base model Bobcat T550 skid steer with a Kubota engine has automatically shut down on me because of water in the fuel.

/ Kubota catastrophic engine failures #20  
Not sure it’s related but diesel powered pickup trucks in the US equiped with the Bosch CP4 high pressure fuel pump have seen a lot of failures. Failure of the pump send pieces downstream sometimes resulting in $10k or more for repairs.

Failure of the pump has been attributed to lower lubricity in US diesel fuel compared to diesel fuel in Europe. Failures have generally occurred at around 100,000 miles. There are several class action lawsuits against Ford, GM, FCA, and Bosch.
RAM trucks with Cummins power have switched back to CP 3 pumps, If it is only a "fuel" problem then why is it not killing even older CP 3 pumps in large numbers?
Sure sounds like the CP 4 is not as tough, and from reports it sends metal everywhere when it begins to fail Not something that is reported widely with a CP 3.