Kubota Clutch Replacement

/ Kubota Clutch Replacement #11  
James, if you have the L4350DT, you prob have dual dry clutch plates
like other Lxx50s. My old L2550DT had dual clutch. One clutch plate is
for the driveline, the other for the PTO. If you have the L4350GST, then
you have some electo-mechanical clutches and maybe a dry main clutch
too. I do not know about the GSTs.

/ Kubota Clutch Replacement
It is a DT so you experts have really helped me see I need to try adjusting it first. I will report back once I give that a try.

Thank you all!

/ Kubota Clutch Replacement #13  
If it is a DT as you stated then it could be a dry clutch and as long as the slipping hasn't hurt it to much then you might be alright. The more it slips the faster the wear!

/ Kubota Clutch Replacement #14  
JamesKubota said:
It is a DT so you experts have really helped me see I need to try adjusting it first. I will report back once I give that a try.

Thank you all!

I certainly don't want to dampen your thoughts; but here is my take if the input shaft is leaking too? When you purchased that tractor, and the clutch was slipping on steep hills, and now maybe the input shaft maybe leaking; those used 900 hrs. on the tach. might be suspect too, and maybe a 2 or 3 was in front of that (9), prior to your purchase?!! But climate maybe a factor also?

I presently own four Kubotas that were all purchased new, starting 30 yrs. ago; some in the 3 to 4000 hr. range now, with one GST, and the others manual shifts. I am the sole owner/user, and the clutches, or any leaks has never been an issue! They all have the original clutch and no other problems.

I have not had any oil leaks that show externally, except one hydro line on the front loader this year. That only soaked my front right tire.
I hope to try adjusting it tomorrow.

James

/ Kubota Clutch Replacement #16  
The "10" series Grand L tractors have a clutch free play spec of 20 to 30 mm or 0.8 to 1.2 in of pedal motion before the clutch starts to move. Adjust by loosening the lock nut on the clevis and turning the rod (remove from pivot first!).

jb

I finally found a day where it would be dry enough to do some work. I was able to adjust the clevis by a couple of rounds. I also noticed the spring didn't pull the pedal up completely, so I fixed that too. I am happy to report that I was able to move full loads in all the lower gears again. The clutch will need to be replaced at some point in the future. I doubt there is much adjustment left, it's pretty short.

Thanks for the help, and for helping me see that digging out the old manual once in a while is a good idea.

/ Kubota Clutch Replacement #18  
A couple twists of the clevis is a LOT cheaper than a clutch - quicker too!

jb

/ Kubota Clutch Replacement #19  
I have around 2 to 2.5 inches of free play on my clutch pedal. By adjusting this to the .8 to 1.2 inches, will this help the clutch not slip? It seems like if you had too little play than it would be more of an issue? thanks

/ Kubota Clutch Replacement #20  
Now that James has his tractor fixed for now, I have a question. It is about the Kubotas with shuttle transmissions. This is about the real shuttle with the lever on the left to go from forward to reverse and back. Do all Kubota compact tractors with shuttle have dry clutch packs or do some of them have fluid clutch packs?