Is this a scam? Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM???

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #1  

tractortime

Hi everyone! I need some serious input here. I just got back from doing some errands with hubby. We decided to stop by Kubota dealers' place on the way home. Figured we would take a quick look at our Bota that is being prepped for delivery this Friday. As we looked over the tractor we noticed that the mid-mount mower didn't look so very new! HMMMM...so I mentioned it to the salesman. He said that they would touch it up before delivery. Claimed they get like that sometimes from coming out of the crate or sitting around. (scratches). OKAYYY so after closer inspection by us; of course it was grass and grease covered underneath! Salemans said well its practically brand new...thats the only size like it that we had around. It was used as a demo or something. Proceded to admit that it had been used at a Farm Fair last year...only to mow a short field. I said well thats not new and I don't want delivery to take place on Friday, unless it is! He went to the manager and informed him of how upset I was with the mid mount mower that they had attached. Manager said its practically brand new with 20 minutes of demo time on it at the most. I told him NO...the saleman said it was used at the farm fair last year. He replied..."Ohh yeah thats the one that we used there last year...I forgot all about that." I was furious at that point. I said we gave them a check and paid for it in full and all of it is suppose to be new! Again mentioned I did not want delivery to take place on Friday than. He said that he would cancel delivery for Friday because at that price we got the deal for... he could not afford to go out and get another mower! Excuse me! He eventually gave us options! 1. take it the way it was and maybe take some off the mower 2. We could cancel 3. He would make calls around to see if he could get another mower. (This was only after...he probably figured out that I wasn't going to be gotten over or he was in serious [censored]! Besides cancelling this order ...what are my rights here? Any input!!???? I'm steaming! I can get the same deal with another dealer but my prob. is with the way they tried doing a DIRTY deal! P.S. I am a women!! I handled the phone conversations with salesman and make the final price. Thanks guys..l'll be waiting here all day for your input! Gosh I've read how buying a Kubota will keep you from sleeping and waiting for delivery date...but this is a NIGHTMARE!

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #2  
Personally, I would take my business elsewhere. In Texas, you can threaten them with the TDTPA (Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act).

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #3  
You have been deceived, & it sucks, now count to 10 and put a positive spin on it.

How bad does it look? If it is in good shape & only has a few hours on it, have them give you a sizable discount (I'm thinking $500) and take it. The dealer wants to get rid of the deck & should be willing to deal.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #4  
I'd cancel the order and go to the other dealer that offered the same deal. I'd make sure the first dealer understood completely why the deal was being canceled, and I'd also make sure he knew that a complaint was being filed with not only Kubota home office, but also with your local Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce. In other words, let him know that word of mouth is the best..or worst...advertising!

Good luck. You go girl!! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #5  
I am no lawyer, but I believe it is illegal to misrepresent something you are selling. If they sold you "new" equipment, it must be "new". Now the legal definition of "new" may vary from state to state.

Take your tractor for example, it may have been driven around the lot a few times by potential buyers. May have a few hours on it. But I think its still "new" in most states.

I guess what Im saying is, that he may be perfectly within his rights to sell a deck with a few minutes usage as "new". Chances are if he had cleaned it up properly, you would never have known the difference.

Now, if you asked him to order this equipment specifically for YOU, and that you wanted brand-spanking NEW equipment, then I would take this as a breach of trust and take my business elsewhere.

Jon

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #6  
Did he sell it to you as new or used?
If he sold it as new....I'm go to the owner of the dealer and discuss this with him/her.
If he sold it as used...well, there you are.
If sold as new, I would insist on a new unit.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #7  
The questions you need to answer are...

1) Are you willing to take a used mower, at any price? (Negotiate for a discount... depending on condition.)

2) Are you willing to let this dealer come up with a new mower, and take delivery at a later date?

3) Are you willing to deal with this dealer at all, now that they have lost your trust, so to speak?

Then, which of the above would you prefer to see happen?

The ball's in your court... but I wouldn't take the used mower at the new mower price. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I would look at it as 20 minutes (if that is what it actually is) over the life of the mower... say, 1,000 hours in this case. I personally would be willing to accept that 20 minutes of use if $200-400 was in it for me.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #8  
I'd cancel the order and walk away. If they come back with a counter offer, I'd consider it, but by cancelling the order you place the burdon completely on them to re-win your business.

To me, the bar would now be much higher for them to re-win the business since they have shown their true colors to you. I'd find that hard to overcome.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #9  
Unless this was a wonderful deal I would go on to the next dealer.

/ Kubota Dealer Pulling SCAM??? #10  
I agree with Hayden. Once a someone puts a bad taste in my mouth over a deal, it is hard to get rid of it. I'd walk away. You'll have a long relationship with the dealer, for service and warranty, I'd want a good feeling going in. If he really does want your business and goes really out of his way to remedy the situation, you'll get a good deal and get a good feeling about him. If not, you're better off giving your hard earned money to someone less shady. That's my .03 worth.

--Brad