Dealer Kubota dealer turns ugly.

/ Kubota dealer turns ugly. #71  
I have a certain amount of satisfaction that I typically know nearly as much as my dealer about my tractor model.

I also remind him that if it weren't for the internet, he wouldn't have had my business and also I wouldn't have referred several sales to him.

The dealer has made good money off of me.

I think your dealer is an idiot and I would go tell him so...nicely, of course...

dwight

/ Kubota dealer turns ugly. #72  
Theowegian said:
I have a certain amount of satisfaction that I typically know nearly as much as my dealer about my tractor model.

I also remind him that if it weren't for the internet, he wouldn't have had my business and also I wouldn't have referred several sales to him.

The dealer has made good money off of me.

I think your dealer is an idiot and I would go tell him so...nicely, of course...

dwight

Yep. And if it were not for TBN I would have sat in his office for weeks and months getting educated instead of the day it took to get the whole package deal done.

It was a win-win. Educated customers equal lower cost of sales.

-Mike Z.

/ Kubota dealer turns ugly. #73  
riptides said:
Yep. And if it were not for TBN I would have sat in his office for weeks and months getting educated instead of the day it took to get the whole package deal done.

It was a win-win. Educated customers equal lower cost of sales.

-Mike Z.

Amen to that!

/ Kubota dealer turns ugly. #74  
I agree with another poster I would have a chat with the owner of that dealership. I am sure he would not like a repeat customer going to another dealership.

/ Kubota dealer turns ugly. #75  
I don't think you can look at buying a tractor like you look at buying a car. Dealers are not a dime a dozen for kubota like they are for ford. The last 3 vehicles I have purchased were from different salesmen. The last guy no longer works there either. I look at these guys as salemen. That's fine because no car dealer is going to make my mind up. I've made it already if I'm there. The rest is just price haggling.

Tractors are different for me. I don't know a lot of people with tractors or equipment. I didn't grow up with them either and I'm fairly new to the scene. Find a dealer you can trust and that will work with you, not just a salesman.

/ Kubota dealer turns ugly. #76  
It's hard to believe that dealers are willing to walk away from immediate (and future)business over $100 - $200 like i have ran into on buying a RTV500. Sure, i price shopped but only locally. 3 dealers within a 30 mile radius. I was very comfortable with doing business with any of them( based on dealer reputation, product knowledge, etc)so price was the ultimate factor.

/ Kubota dealer turns ugly. #77  
TBN actually saved my bacon back in 2000 when I bought my first Kubota 2710. Kubota was in the middle of a change in the hydro setup due to vortexing in the system that made the power steering fail under certain conditions. Dealers were having to basically break new tractors in two and add a second filter to the hydro. After doing my deal and the dealer was setting up my unit, I mentioned this to the salesman. He quickly asked me where I got my information, which I excitedly told him due to the great resource TBN was. The next thing I know my tractor wouldn't be ready for another week!?! They gave me such a great deal due to trying to pass one of the older new models off on me. Once I asked the question and showed some knowledge they brought in a brand new tractor with the fix already installed. I confirmed this when I say the serial number on my paperwork had been changed. The dealer went out of business and the saleman I dealt with is now a sales manager for some green tractor company. When pricing a green RTV to go against my Kubota RTV price he admitted that the dealership took a hit on my deal due to the tractors needing to be switched out. Knowledge was power, by the way, green didn't win the deal on my RTV!