Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil"

/ Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil" #31  
Re: Kubota does \"not recognize synthetic oil\"

The shop that I'm a technician at is very customer orientated, after all that's who really signs our paychecks.
Our shop uses a private firm to survey every customer about every job that is done by us. This is called Customer survey indicator and by using this it helps us know where we stand with the customer. If the customer is unhappy for one reason or another about the service he was given it gives us a chance to make him or her satisifed.
Without using a private firm many customers won't complain if their not happy. Some customers will complain to us others won't. But by using this form of measurement it lets us know where we stand with the most important people--the customers./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Yes this all might sound like bull hockey to some, but if you looked at our customer retention rate you would be a believer also.
A unhappy customer tells 7-10 people a happy customer tells 3-4 people and what is the best advertising there is--word of mouth.----
I could go on and on but you get the message---customer---

/ Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil" #32  

Gordon, you obviously work for a company that would be considered "progressive" by most customers. Or, "nuts" to most companies.

It is a little more difficult to apply those tried-and-proven principles to front-end engineering, but it also results in far more savings and benefits, dollar- and time-wise. Everything moves up an order of magnitude - both difficulties and benefits. But the benefits are still, I believe, commensurately greater. I wonder which manufacturer's lurkers will act first. We know they're out there. They must be. But we may never know for sure. They may all accurately predict that their competitors won't go to the trouble, either. But if one does, and the others guess wrong, there could be big trouble for the rest in the C.U.T. market.

Mark

/ Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil" #33  

PaulB - what an extremely well done summary. So well done, in fact, that I'm going to have to think on it a little to come up with something you've missed. You may be making it a little too easy on the manufacturers, though. I'd prefer to know they were listening before giving them free market share.

Mark

/ Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil" #34  

Paul, Mark, Bird et al,

Great points you make. I think we could ask Muhammad to start a thread specifically directed to Kubota, a place for user and even dealer comments and suggestions. I feel almost everyone on this forum makes thoughtful and meaningful suggestions. If we have one thread, someone from Kubota can easily find the relevant posts. Also, Muhammad could forward the contents in digest form every few weeks (and maybe they'd even PAY for it <g>).

I don't think any of these coprorations perceive themselves as "distant" or "uncaring" or "disinterested" in their customers. They all hold seminars, workshops and meetings, and there are banners and slogans all over the place, loudly proclaiming "Our Customers are #1!". Oddly, the customers often do not feel the same <g>.

Still, corporations have many angles to consider, specially legal ones. If they make a slight mistake, or mis-speak, it can spiral out of hand very quickly, especially on the Net. It is both a plus and a minus. Word gets out fast and travels fast on the Net.

I am surprised at how many companies, especially software companies, fail to provide online lists of KNOWN bugs and fixes. We use a contact mananger, and they send out thousands of copies knowing that such and so feature doesn't work. Think they could just tell people that? Oh no. Instead, they let all those thosuands of customers struggle trying to make it work, and finally, tech support identifies the problem and the fix. But how much easier, incomparably easier, to just let people know? It makes no sense, none whatsoever---yet is it SOP at the majority of firms. The point made about the sticky throttle issue makes my case.

BobT.

A Indiana Boy

/ Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil" #35  

Okay, no thanks to you Bird <g>. Thanks to Gordon!

A Indiana Boy

/ Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil" #36  

Add to previous post: There should be comments threads for all manufacturers, not just Kubota.

Bob T.

A Indiana Boy

/ Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil" #37  

I agree that it's an excellent idea, but I'm concerned about implementation. Here's my angle: If I were in a relevant department of a major corporation and I thought all consumers were stupid or just cash sources to be convinced to buy my product, here's what I'd do: I'd smile and warmly thank you for your suggestions, promise to consider them carefully, then can them when you turned your back. As I said before, I don't think we should be so careless with such an important thing as free market share, which is what our collective wisdom amounts to. Unfortunately, I'm in the undesirable situation of recommending against a solution without providing an alternative to it. I still think the only reasonable method that would be sure to benefit everyone is some sort of customer advisory group, but that's an idea the manufacturer would have to spearhead, not us.

Mark

/ Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil" #38  

Mark, Bob,

We can basically play a guessing game about this one. But I think Bob's point about the total number of posts by anyone at Kubota, John Deere, New Holland, or other manufacturer to this forum equaling 0 is a good one. Doesn't that kind of answer the question right there?

But still, I'll think about it and welcome more feedback.

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Forum Master</font color=blue>

/ Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil" #39  

FYI car qust auto parts stores has their own oil and they have a 15/40 they tell me valvoline makes it. it cost $1.00 a qt. I use a lot of it in all my diesel's for years now.
you can aford to change it offen.
Rich

/ Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil" #40  
Re: Kubota does "not recognize synthetic oil"

You realize that the original post is over TEN years old, don't you?