Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #1  

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota M9000 HDCC3 M9000 HDC
Been told by various posters that they do not exist. Early Kubota tractors came with them but at some point in time, Kubota quit installing them.

They do exist and you can get one (or more) from ANY Kubota dealer. I don't know if they will fit the late model plastic tanks, but they will fit everything else and probably other makes as well. They come with an expander ring that you can remove if not necessary. I have 2 of them one in each of my M9 tanks. Keeps any debris like grass or leaves or small sicks out and insures the fuel flow to the engine mounted filters will not get impeded due to a plugged pickup fitting in the fuel tank.

Kubota Part number is: 35450-41060

Your friendly Kubota parts department can get you one or more.

The cost is around 10 bucks. Well worth, good insurance against junk in your fuel tank

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #2  
Been told by various posters that they do not exist. Early Kubota tractors came with them but at some point in time, Kubota quit installing them.

They do exist and you can get one (or more) from ANY Kubota dealer. I don't know if they will fit the late model plastic tanks, but they will fit everything else and probably other makes as well. They come with an expander ring that you can remove if not necessary. I have 2 of them one in each of my M9 tanks. Keeps any debris like grass or leaves or small sicks out and insures the fuel flow to the engine mounted filters will not get impeded due to a plugged pickup fitting in the fuel tank.

Kubota Part number is: 35450-41060

Your friendly Kubota parts department can get you one or more.

The cost is around 10 bucks. Well worth, good insurance against junk in your fuel tank

The newer tractors have a cleanable strainer in the fuel system. I have a drawer full in my tool box. Fine mesh screen.

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #3  
I prefer just using a Mr Funnel when I fuel up the tractor. It not only screens out debris, but it also (supposedly) separates water.

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter
The newer tractors have a cleanable strainer in the fuel system. I have a drawer full in my tool box. Fine mesh screen.
So do both of mine actually, one in the sediment bowl (mesh) and a spin on 5 micron fuel filter. What I'm talking about here is a drop in the filler neck strainer do keep junk out of the fuel tank when you fill it.

I keep reading threads on here and elsewhere where people are experiencing blocked or reduced fuel flow (before the filters) coming from the fuel tank because the inlet fitting on the tank has become blocked with junk like grass or leaves or whatever. The drop in tank filler filter will eliminate that issue.

Replied to a thread a while back and was told I was FOS which I'm not in as much as I have two of them, but I didn't have the Kubota part number until today. Was at my dealer for supplies and asked the parts manager for the part number, so I posted it.

Far as the mesh filter, I have a couple as well. I usually clean them in clean diesel and blow out with compressed air.

Not what I am listing here at all.

I prefer just using a Mr Funnel when I fuel up the tractor. It not only screens out debris, but it also (supposedly) separates water.
I have one as well but never use it. One, it's messy and two, I pump from my bulk tank so my fuel is already clean (run through the inline tank filter. Don't know if the work as advertised or not but I do know the fuel left in the bottom of the funnel is messy to dispose of. I use mine more for filling the gas engines on the lawnmowers mostly.

Posted it for guys who use a Jerry can to fill their tractors, which I sometimes do in the field when I'm not near the farm tank.

What irritated me initially was a poster telling me that Kubota didn't sell the strainer when I knew they did because I have 2, but I threw the bag away so I didn't have the part number, until today when I got it.... :rolleyes:

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #7  
I have one as well but never use it. One, it's messy and two, I pump from my bulk tank so my fuel is already clean (run through the inline tank filter. Don't know if the work as advertised or not but I do know the fuel left in the bottom of the funnel is messy to dispose of. I use mine more for filling the gas engines on the lawnmowers mostly.

Posted it for guys who use a Jerry can to fill their tractors, which I sometimes do in the field when I'm not near the farm tank.
Hmmm. I bought one of the larger funnels that seems to hold the splash and isn’t messy. I have an old fuel can where I dump the leftovers at the bottom of the funnel. Perfect for brush pile burning. I guess I can see where the additional filter could be handy to avoid junk falling in the tank when the cap is off.

Hmmm. I bought one of the larger funnels that seems to hold the splash and isn’t messy. I have an old fuel can where I dump the leftovers at the bottom of the funnel. Perfect for brush pile burning.
I bought the biggest one they sell actually. Still messy.

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #9  
So do both of mine actually, one in the sediment bowl (mesh) and a spin on 5 micron fuel filter. What I'm talking about here is a drop in the filler neck strainer do keep junk out of the fuel tank when you fill it.

I keep reading threads on here and elsewhere where people are experiencing blocked or reduced fuel flow (before the filters) coming from the fuel tank because the inlet fitting on the tank has become blocked with junk like grass or leaves or whatever. The drop in tank filler filter will eliminate that issue.

Replied to a thread a while back and was told I was FOS which I'm not in as much as I have two of them, but I didn't have the Kubota part number until today. Was at my dealer for supplies and asked the parts manager for the part number, so I posted it.

Far as the mesh filter, I have a couple as well. I usually clean them in clean diesel and blow out with compressed air.

Not what I am listing here at all.
Nope, these filters are about half a cup in size and are between tank and filter. Maybe 1-1/2" diameter X 3" tall, fine screen.

/ Kubota drop in Fuel Tank strainer-filter #10  
My older Kubotas had the screen filters at the fill port. Both had metal tanks, B20 and M5030. They did catch some large black debris. I could never could figure out the source.

Newer tractors have plastic tanks and no screens. Wish they did. Asked once at dealership for the B26. They didn’t know of any. Now with a part number can try again. Thanks for the follow up.