KUBOTA EK1-261 - opinions anyone?

/ KUBOTA EK1-261 - opinions anyone? #1  

Andyrob

Tractor
IH
7 years ago I posted here asking for advice on buying a Kubota compact. The help given was very useful and I came to the conclusion that it didn't matter too much which model was bought so long as it wasn't too small. I ended up buying a B1830 which could have been too small but - in practice - it was fine for my needs.

Now, I do want a bigger machine and have been looking for a used B2261 - any views on that model or do you know anyone selling one in the UK East Midlands?

But, also, I've just read about the relatively new, India-made, EK1-261 which has a Mitsubishi engine of the same output as the B2261 (just below the magic 26hp number that requires all the additional emission control stuff) and no HST gearbox option or mid-mounted PTO, both of which I can live without.

ek1-261.jpg

Does anyone have any knowledge of how well this new model is doing and how it's been in terms of reliability and performance. And, again, anybody selling a used one?

Thanks in anticipation for any replies.

/ KUBOTA EK1-261 - opinions anyone? #2  
The Kubota EK1-261 is really a Farmtrac FT26. They sold a lot of those Farmtracs here in Portugal and people in general seem really happy with theirs, this was before Solis released their S26XL with the 9x9 Shuttle transmission but I still think they sell lots of Farmtracs.

Really nice tractor, 9x3 transmission, draft control, rear remotes, 540 and 540E PTO speeds, pretty sure it has two hydraulic pumps (one for steering and another for the 3pt, remotes, loader), etc.

The Farmtrac or Kubota EK1-261 ends up being a bit more tractor than the Kubota B2261 due to the nearly extra 200 kgs of weight.

Pretty sure this Kubota deal with the EK1-261 was just a way for Kubota to get an hold of Farmtrac electric tractor technology, since Kubota announced an electric tractor shortly after this deal.

/ KUBOTA EK1-261 - opinions anyone?
Thanks for that reply. It was very much appreciated - not least because it was the only one! I knew nothing about the Farmtrac connection and you have given me the confidence to go shopping for both the Farmtrac and Kubota offering.

/ KUBOTA EK1-261 - opinions anyone? #4  
Let's us know what you end up with.

Like I said, I haven't seen much complains on the Farmtrac. I've seen quite a few on the Solis, mostly axle seals but it's all loader tractors which we know they get abused a lot.

/ KUBOTA EK1-261 - opinions anyone? #5  
7 years ago I posted here asking for advice on buying a Kubota compact. The help given was very useful and I came to the conclusion that it didn't matter too much which model was bought so long as it wasn't too small. I ended up buying a B1830 which could have been too small but - in practice - it was fine for my needs.

Now, I do want a bigger machine and have been looking for a used B2261 - any views on that model or do you know anyone selling one in the UK East Midlands?

But, also, I've just read about the relatively new, India-made, EK1-261 which has a Mitsubishi engine of the same output as the B2261 (just below the magic 26hp number that requires all the additional emission control stuff) and no HST gearbox option or mid-mounted PTO, both of which I can live without.

View attachment 821001

Does anyone have any knowledge of how well this new model is doing and how it's been in terms of reliability and performance. And, again, anybody selling a used one?

Thanks in anticipation for any replies.
Knowledge no. Strong opinion yes. I’ve owned Kubota for twenty years. It is proven to be great. Others I don’t see how they can beat Kubota. Good luck sir