Kubota engine identification

/ Kubota engine identification #1  

lukyCZ

Tractor
Agrozet Prostejov MT8-050 + Kubota engine, NEW: Mitsubishi MT2801
Hi,
I bought a prototype of czech tractor, where Kubota engine is in. Can you help me with exact identification of the engine? I want to know that before I need some spare parts.
It water-cooled, 3 cylinder, diesel, production year about 1994. It should be "1229R5A" but it's not a true type name that can be found on web pages.
See attached photos.

Attachments

• engine01.jpg
    engine01.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 2,678
  • engine02.jpg
    engine02.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 2,359
  • engine03.jpg
    engine03.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 3,013
  • engine04.jpg
    engine04.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 4,882
   / Kubota engine identification #2  
Welcome to TBN!! I can't make out an ID from current pictures. My B2400 has the engine series number cast on the block and it's located just under/behind the exhaust manifold area below cylinder head/ block mating surface. Yours is probably over 17hp as I see it has a water pump. the B7100 ( 16hp) 3cyl diesels do not have a water pump and rely on the Thermocycle principal to cool.

/ Kubota engine identification
Yes, it can bee seen on last photo: "1229" and "K5A" (on the edge of the block near exhaust pipe). It should have 32 or 36 HP. I guess it can be "D1703" but I'm not really sure how to confirm that.

Start your search with the D1703, as that is the engine series your working with!! Check out the following link.

Kubota Diesel Engine Super 03 series - Model 1703

Thanks a lot!
It seems that D1403 or D1703 is the right one. But these has equal external dimensions. The only difference is bore and therefore power. I really don't plan disassembling engine...

/ Kubota engine identification #6  
lukyCZ,

If you look between the injection pump and the valve cover, the engine nomenclature and serial number will be found stamped into the machined boss on the top face of the block.

It should read something like :"V1403-E2 123456" - V- four cylinder - 1400cc nominal displacement - 03 family of engine - E2 emissions met and the sequence or serial number 123456. It may also have some alphas in the numbers indicating - like "8A4567" month and year if it is a newer engine.

Now you can break the code!

Good luck!

That's the point - I can't find nothing like that.
As you can see, there is "1299cc" written on the block, so this means that it's not D1403 (1393ccm) neither D1703(1647ccm). :( So it has to be older. As I said the tractor is 1994 so the engine can't be younger.

news: 1299 cubic cm has 3 cylinder engine D1301, D1302. Any idea where to find differences?

:D I found the serial number. It was just at the injection pump. The engine is D1302-26014. So it should have about 27 HP.

Have you any idea where to find workshop manual and parts catalog? (That's not on kubotabooks.com) It's 02 series engine.

Last edited:
   / Kubota engine identification #10  
hi i have a kubota 4wd with a shift pattern on left fender and a shift pattern on top of transmision.
the block has 1395cc and looks like D100 under the 1395cc i'm told its a grey market but no one knows
the model or were engine serial # is ,it has the dropdown rear end and is probbaly a narrow gage tractor,
its a 3 cylnder with a water pump and side covers white and a frontend loader, i want to get repair and
parts manuel for it. any help in id ing it would be apreciated.