Kubota engine oil recommendation

/ Kubota engine oil recommendation #61  
I believe you can order stuff from Wal-Mart they don't stock.You can ask the associate to order it for you and they'll call you when it's in.Or check out Wal-Mart online-it may be offered there.I know 10W30 diesel spec oil makes sense for me.

/ Kubota engine oil recommendation #62  
Notice my signature. :D:D Nope. Not for another 40 miles.
A Yooper!! :D Dunno if there's any help for ya'.. :eek:
You'll just have to move closer to civilization... :p

/ Kubota engine oil recommendation #64  
Wow, Must say I'm surprised by some of the comments in this thread. Mostly good but some just wrong IMHO.

I encouage anyone who is interested in knowing more about motor oils to read this Motor Oil Basics by Dr. Ali E. Haas (AEHaas)

I found it to be a very interesting reading, helping to separate the real world info from all the marketing hype and other misinformation. It's kind of long but isn't too technical, I found it to be rather easy reading and VERY enlightening.
Enjoy :D

/ Kubota engine oil recommendation #65  
Thanks for the link, Rebel. I've just started reading it and so far so good. It is very readable. I'll have to work my way all the way through it and then let the info settle for a couple of days. Good stuff and fun to read.
rscotty

Wow, Must say I'm surprised by some of the comments in this thread. Mostly good but some just wrong IMHO.

I encouage anyone who is interested in knowing more about motor oils to read this Motor Oil Basics by Dr. Ali E. Haas (AEHaas)

I found it to be a very interesting reading, helping to separate the real world info from all the marketing hype and other misinformation. It's kind of long but isn't too technical, I found it to be rather easy reading and VERY enlightening.
Enjoy :D

/ Kubota engine oil recommendation #66  
Thanks for the link, Rebel. I've just started reading it and so far so good. It is very readable. I'll have to work my way all the way through it and then let the info settle for a couple of days. Good stuff and fun to read.
rscotty

Glad you like it :D
The test at the end always kicks my butt :eek:

/ Kubota engine oil recommendation #67  
Thanks for the link, Rebel! Very good stuff. Answers a lot of questions being raised on this thread.

/ Kubota engine oil recommendation #68  
My wife uses Case IH No. 1 15W-40 Engine Oil in all 4 of her diesel tractors including the Kubota. She didn't want to stock 2 brands of engine oil.

/ Kubota engine oil recommendation #69  
This link on the kubota web site:
Kubota Tractor USA - Lubricants Schedule
does not mention 15W-40 anywhere. The link says 10W-30 is good up to 77 degrees F, above that it recommends 10W-40.

My kubota operators manual also says 10W-30 or 10W-40, it does not mention 15W-40.

The person at Kubota headquarters in Atlanta, GA that I spoke with said to use 10W-30.

Yesterday I changed my oil and used Kubota 10W-30.

I see you guys quoting info here a lot about using a "10-40" oil. That viscosity has been obsolete since back in the 80's as I recall, and I honestly know of no blender putting out a 10-40 in Diesel Service oil. I know of no CJ-4's or CI-4's in 10-40 available by anyone. (now--someone prove me wrong!!:laughing:) I have a 72 inch Kubota mower, the 31 HP model I think it's a Z331 or 336, the biggest dude they make. I just gave it the first oil change. I put in Chevron Delo 400 10W/30, CJ-4. That baby mowed 5 hours the other day at 3/4 throttle, it was 90 degrees, real heavy grass, and it purred like a tomcat, burning 4.3 gallons of fuel. Don't be afraid of 10W/30 in a premium oil, or the 5W/40 synthetic either, year round. Delvac, Rotella, Delo or even Conoco or other such products---they work and are excellent.. No need to fret.

/ Kubota engine oil recommendation #70  
Dont worry about the 10w-40 oil being obsolete, when this thread was started 10-40 could have been the cats meow - this thread had been dead since 2009 until it got bumped up a few days ago..

Brian

I see you guys quoting info here a lot about using a "10-40" oil. That viscosity has been obsolete since back in the 80's as I recall, and I honestly know of no blender putting out a 10-40 in Diesel Service oil. I know of no CJ-4's or CI-4's in 10-40 available by anyone. (now--someone prove me wrong!!:laughing:) I have a 72 inch Kubota mower, the 31 HP model I think it's a Z331 or 336, the biggest dude they make. I just gave it the first oil change. I put in Chevron Delo 400 10W/30, CJ-4. That baby mowed 5 hours the other day at 3/4 throttle, it was 90 degrees, real heavy grass, and it purred like a tomcat, burning 4.3 gallons of fuel. Don't be afraid of 10W/30 in a premium oil, or the 5W/40 synthetic either, year round. Delvac, Rotella, Delo or even Conoco or other such products---they work and are excellent.. No need to fret.