Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing?

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #22  
Insurance coverage on ANYTHING is an indication of a persons risk tolerance. It is also based on risk/reward ratio. I've got KTAC insurance for $264/year for coverage up to $22,000 on my tractor. That is a good risk/reward ratio in my opinion. Especially when it payed for a complete engine replacement after only 1 year of coverage.

I think you misinterpreted my post, or maybe I wasn't all that clear. The KTAC insurance appears to be legitimate insurance marketed as such. The thread questions the worth of an extended warranty, which is a different animal, and what I was posting about. My point was this: Many dealers, especially car dealers and consumer goods sellers, sell what they call an extended warranty, which is not a warranty at all, but a disguised insurance policy issued by an outside company. They have nothing or little in common with legitimate insurance policies sold as such, except for the fact that they are technically insurance, which will be disclosed only in the fine print.

/ Kubota Extended Warranty worth purchasing? #24  
murphy1244 said:
You never finished that thread. Not nice to keep them hanging,hows the new engine?

I haven't gotten it back yet. Not because of the insurance company - they approved of the work in 2 days. Just takes a while to get an engine shipped to the dealer and then installed. Plus, since it is in the shop I am having additional work done like installing rear remotes and fixing a rear axle leak. Should have it back next week. I plan to finish that thread after I get it back.