Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #511  
Is the F3990 still in production ?

A dealer here in Georgia said the F3710 has taken its place.
I think that model is toast. Didn’t have the best reputation.

/ Kubota F series #513  
Exact same engine, turbo & trans as the newer F3710 replacement.
Yeah but the emission system in the 3990 was troublesome. The early models especially.
I have a feeling you might be disappointed in an F if rapid cutting is your goal.
They are not as fast as a ZD. I’d say they are about 1/2-3/4 as fast. I don’t think they ride as good, either.
But if speed is not an issue, then they are ok.

/ Kubota F series #514  
The F3710 I ran seemed faster than my ZD1511.

BUT I can’t mow real fast here on rough farm ground.

/ Kubota F series #515  
The F3710 I ran seemed faster than my ZD1511.

BUT I can’t mow real fast here on rough farm ground.

And that’s the difference. Your rough ground will take away what little speed the F offers. The front mower running on its own small wheels can’t run as fast as zero turn deck on bigger tires and “hanging” from a suspension.

If you have rough ground, you have to slow down a lot with an F front deck. The little deck wheels will get swallowed up.

You’d be all set with a ZD and bar tires, but it seems like you can’t see the forest through the trees lol

/ Kubota F series #516  
There is the issue of bar tires rutting the ground over time & tearing it up if making "zero-turns", which is why our newer mower has turf tires and is 4x4 capable!

Last edited:
   / Kubota F series #517  
I agree arto on bar tires tearing up ground. (y)
I’m no fan with them on a tractor or mower.
I DONT do zero turns tho.

I’m only interested in a 4wd F for a few areas & my steep 800’ long bank.

I totally agree with Hay Dude on the small frt deck tires on F taking a beating on rough ground.

I’ll continue mowing 85% of my farm with big Zero because it’s the perfect match 😻 …. But still needs a wider cut than 72 :LOL:

Last edited:
   / Kubota F series #518  
Bar tires only an issue on tight turns.
Straight up/down hills they are the easiest/cheapest way to double your traction.
Assumed Brown Dog only had straight up/down hills.