Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #21  
Had an F series years ago, bar tires made all the difference, turfs sucked.

/ Kubota F series #22  
Thanks, Xfaxman. I think I will make a purchase this weekend. I've been looking for quite awhile and the F3080 looks like my choice.

/ Kubota F series
Thanks, Xfaxman. I think I will make a purchase this weekend. I've been looking for quite awhile and the F3080 looks like my choice.

Given my research, I've decided it's mine too. Wish I could join you, but I've got to put it off this season, but hope to have it in place this time next year.

/ Kubota F series #24  
Had an F series years ago, bar tires made all the difference, turfs sucked.

I'd not want to have bars on mine. We are using this as a mower, the turfs will tear up the yard pretty good if you make a very tight turn, particularly if you use the steering brakes. I'd start with the turfs and change if you find them totally unacceptable - I don think you will.

/ Kubota F series #25  

Looks like a good one. I also recommend the rear discharge deck.

If you don't like the way it mows, you can put a loader on it! :laughing:
P6270002.JPG P7240003.JPG P8171929.JPG P8171930.JPG

Link to build thread http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/272163-fel-toro-groundsmaster-put-together.html

/ Kubota F series #26  
I've used the Deere equivalent to the F series as well as various commercial zero turns (mostly eXmark and Huskvarna).
The front mount Deere was nose heavy (might have needed some extra weight in the back as if you were going fast and stomped on the brakes, the back tires would come off the ground), but otherwise it would go most anywhere as long as you stayed out of the mud (if you got it stuck, you had to bring in a truck, another ZTR didn't have the weight to pull it out).
The Deere worked well to pull out stuck zero turns though and it was more comfortable in bumpy ground.

Aaron Z

/ Kubota F series #27  
The front deck on the Kubotas are really heavy. The Kubota has a big weight on the back of it to equal out the weight front and back. Yesterday I mowed a steep section in front of my house. Grass dry but ground under it was wet. The back end wanted to slide down and not the front mowing cross the hill. I probably shouldn't have mowed under the wet conditions since I tore up some grass but I did and still slept OK last night.:D I have a yeard not a lawn. The Kubota F or none of the 3 I've owned have any turning brakes. You let off the throttle and it stops. There is a brake for when you park it. Turn the steering wheel to make it turn in different directions. The F3080 has 30HP diesel so it's a powerful machine.

/ Kubota F series #28  
JOHNTHOMAS, that's interesting about the newer models not having turning brakes. My F2260 definitely has them, mounted just to the left of the steering column, it also has a differential lock that will assist when things are wet and steep.

/ Kubota F series
The front deck on the Kubotas are really heavy. The Kubota has a big weight on the back of it to equal out the weight front and back. Yesterday I mowed a steep section in front of my house. Grass dry but ground under it was wet. The back end wanted to slide down and not the front mowing cross the hill. I probably shouldn't have mowed under the wet conditions since I tore up some grass but I did and still slept OK last night.:D I have a yeard not a lawn. The Kubota F or none of the 3 I've owned have any turning brakes. You let off the throttle and it stops. There is a brake for when you park it. Turn the steering wheel to make it turn in different directions. The F3080 has 30HP diesel so it's a powerful machine.

What do you think of the comments made about turf tires on the F series? Would HDAP tires improve traction?

/ Kubota F series #30  
What do you think of the comments made about turf tires on the F series? Would HDAP tires improve traction?
Yes they will (by nature of the tread design). Finding the right size tire (ie matching the dimensions of the tire) might be difficult though. the HDAP tires are very similar to the Carlisle All Trail.

Aaron Z