Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #321  
Ok, got it. Yes, that place is now called the Village Tavern. It's a local watering hole, I used to hang there in my early 20's as the beer was cheap and the locals were interesting. Yeah, I remember when there was nothing but farmland on 61, and no red lights.

Yup, tons of guys take their quads up to the Skook, and further north. Seems a lot of people have gotten into quads and side by sides as of late. My brother sells new trailers, and he sold a ton of aluminum trailers this year made in Maine specifically for ATV's.

Agreed, the F mowers rock. I'll buy another 2880 or 3680 if I come across a good deal. I have 3000 hours on my 2880 and it shows no signs of stopping. Industrial machines in my opinion. It hasn't snowed much the last few years, making it hard to go for that blower.

Yuenglings were pretty cheap there to in the early 90's as well:laughing:

Reading when you wrote "skook" made me laugh thinking of Shen Doe (AKA Shenadoah).

Back to the topic, when we downsize after the boys get out of high school, probably will leave the F mower in with the price on the house. Ironically enough, the guy we bought the place from had an old F mower in the garage, but he didn't leave it with the house, and I asked.

/ Kubota F series #322  
the guy we bought the place from had an old F mower in the garage, but he didn't leave it with the house, and I asked......:laughing::laughing: I'm glad he didn't or I probably would have never met you and your boys and you probably would have never made a trip to Somerset, Ky and I needed to sell the F so I could buy another one. :D I now have a Grandson that helps me mow and we mowed yesterday. I have a ZD1211 and a F2690 4wd. When we mow my grandson always goes out first and grabs the F after using the ZD a few times last summer when I bought both of them. If I mow alone I also grab the F, far superior machine in many ways to the ZD.

/ Kubota F series #323  
the guy we bought the place from had an old F mower in the garage, but he didn't leave it with the house, and I asked......:laughing::laughing: I'm glad he didn't or I probably would have never met you and your boys and you probably would have never made a trip to Somerset, Ky and I needed to sell the F so I could buy another one. :D I now have a Grandson that helps me mow and we mowed yesterday. I have a ZD1211 and a F2690 4wd. When we mow my grandson always goes out first and grabs the F after using the ZD a few times last summer when I bought both of them. If I mow alone I also grab the F, far superior machine in many ways to the ZD.

Every once in a blue moon at the dinner table the boys will mention about the guy we took a trip to Kentucky to meet.

Your one gift is still hanging in the living room:thumbsup:

JT.png

Being that both boys are 16 now, at this point in my life I hope to be able to live long enough to see grandkids, particularly with the one boy:laughing:

What's funny on my end is one boy likes the zero turn, and the other likes the F. Go figure.

Last edited:
   / Kubota F series #324  
What's funny on my end is one boy likes the zero turn, and the other likes the F. Go figure.

That's good so they want be fighting over which one gets to drive the one they prefer.
I have a 16 year old in Dec Grandson who helps me mow for a fee (My choice so he'll earn spending money). He also drives me most of the time and I've promised him my 2013 16000 miles Tacoma when he gets a drivers license, job and insurance. I purchased a 1957 Ford truck body set down on a 2001 Dodge PU running gear and seat. My Grandson has driven it more than I have and now he has another object to claim as "ours". :) IMG_0041.JPGIMG_0057.JPGIMG_0058.JPGIMG_0059.JPGIMG_0042.JPGIMG_0060.JPG

/ Kubota F series #325  
JT, you sure have some serious grass in those pictures for having all those mowers !

/ Kubota F series #326  
JT, you sure have some serious grass in those pictures for having all those mowers !

I don't mow the bought decorative grasses, well some times I do at the end of summer and sometimes even burn them.

/ Kubota F series #327  
If anyone in NC is looking for a F3680, there is what appears to be a good machine at Blue Ridge Tractor in North Wilkesboro. 60" rear discharge deck, 4WD

/ Kubota F series #328  
If anyone in NC is looking for a F3680, there is what appears to be a good machine at Blue Ridge Tractor in North Wilkesboro. 60" rear discharge deck, 4WD

I've been going through your area quite a bit on 52 / 285 back and forth to Charlotte. If that was a 72" I'd be interested. I'll still check it out.

/ Kubota F series #329  
I've been going through your area quite a bit on 52 / 285 back and forth to Charlotte. If that was a 72" I'd be interested. I'll still check it out.
I feel for you - that can be a crazy stretch to travel - be careful.

/ Kubota F series #330  

I saw a clean used F2690 60 at Mason Tractor in Blue Ridge GA the other day.

I’d been all over it if it’d been a F3990 72