Kubota F3680

/ Kubota F3680 #1  

The Gardener

Gold Member
Two quick questions.

[1] Can one of these F3680 mowers cut 6" tall, wet grass without constantly clogging up during the cut?

[2] Do you recommend the mulching kit approach, the side chute, or the rear chute approach?

Many Thanks!
The Gardener

/ Kubota F3680 #2  
Gardener,

I do not have a Kubota F3980 front mower, but I do have an earlier version F2260 with a 60" side discharge mower. I have had no problem cutting 6" wet grass. Plenty of power and discharges well. I do clean the mower deck underneath whenever I cut wet grass as it tends to stick.

I have been eyeing up the new 80 series, but find the tractor too wide for a 60" mower. There is no mower overhang with the 60" mower. My 8 year old 2260 with only 800 hours will just have to do.

OrangeGuy

Attachments

• P5310045.JPG
    P5310045.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 1,144
   / Kubota F3680 #3  
the deck on the 80 series in my opinion throws very well. better than the older deck thats for sure. i dont think it will have much problem in the conditions you describe. you might get a few clippings not being discharged out the chute and falling out the back of the deck as most mowers do in wet conditions. this is not a problem but it is a bit untidy.
ask your dealer for a demo. im shure he will. if not find a dealer that will. you may have to put a sprinkler on the grass if its not raining though:D

/ Kubota F3680
Thanks so much for your comments! I am almost certain we will pull the trigger on the F3680 this coming April. I think I will opt for the 72" deck. Our 4 acres [3+ still being cleared] are hilly, bumpy, and they host some boulders. I'll supplement the cut with our Sears riding mower. The F3680 will handle the bulk of the duty, but the Sears will handle the woods line and some other tight areas.

Again, thanks!
The Gardener