Kubota F3990 or F2690

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690 #11  
Well the 3990 came in 2 days ago, but finally got to use it today. Sure gald I got the 39 over the 2690. The 39HP climbed my hills and had to ease up on the peddle because its steep. If I had the 26 I would be ticked off right now, but the 39 did great. The grass and weeds were 2.5 feet and it went right through it, but did need to keep it a bit slower because it was so high.
It's best to always believe what one has is the best one. :D:D:D I'll compare hills in steepness and any day and tall grass and then see if you speak of what you know not. Not having tried a 26 HP your uninformed and making declarations. I've owned the 26 and a couple of 30s and never been HP shy if experience counts over speculation. Any way, your happy and that's what counts for yourself.

Did hit some hard spots and it clipped some rocks, roots a time or three, four, five ..... Its set at 4 inches now, think I'll bring it up another inch to see if it will clear those spots next time. Would be great if I could get my backhoe on the hills to fix those spots but no way.
Eventually you'll have the tops of those rocks and roots trimmed down or remember where they are or discover how to clip over the edges of them to where you don't hit them or just leave them alone.:shocked:

When I was on the JD tractor, I went real slow and many times the angle got way to much so I went another direction. This thing climbs like a goat and never did I ever even a hint it was going to flip/tilt. It slid a tad every now and then, but no worries
Sometimes one has to push the diff lock pedal to get a wee bit more grip, even on the mountain climber. There is also the choice between sort of and a bit more all wheel drive/4wd/3wd which I rarely engage to the most traction mode

On the way to the land cruising flat out in high, all good. On the way after 6 hours of cutting, it had a higher pitch squeal, and when it started to climb a hill it got louder. At home checked fluids and all good. Maybe its just does this, but going to call Barlow tomorrow
I some times move up the road and use the high mode but always move it back when mowing,always because It will go faster in low mode than I can stay on it while mowing and it reduces the whine in low and also guarantees full climbing ability. My money is you left it in high mode thus getting the higher amount of whine.
View attachment 555026

Sounds like your trying out your F and learning as you go. It's a great mowing machine with 4 tires and metal blades made for mowing grass and weeds and maybe a few small trees. Not a track machine but close.

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690 #12  
Yes for how you are mowing the 3990 is what you needed. I don't get into the stuff you are mowing so I am very pleased with my 2690. But you cannot complain about mower power. Mulching kit wouldn't be for you either, but it is great for what I mow.

Good luck on the "F", I like the waterproof radio I installed with noise cancelling bluetooth earbuds it is nice mowing.

If it wasn't for JT, I would still be with the zero, the "F" is expensive but it is only money I figured I earned it for myself.

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690
Used the high range only on the road going to and from the house. My fram is about 1.5 miles away.

Agree, I have not been on a F26 but have been on the JD, RTV and other machines trying to climb the same hill section and they all bog down. The 39 with 4 instead of 3 cylinders and a turbo did a little bogging but nothing like JD or RTV.

I am happy with it so I'm good.

Went to Barlow today and they gave me a trans filter and oil to change, but after talking to Steve he says its just the machine and changing the filter will have no effect. So I paid for the items and will use them when the machine hits 50 hours

Still wish I could get this site to send me an email when folks post

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690 #14  
Still wish I could get this site to send me an email when folks post...........Been waiting on that since 2008. Don't think it is going to happen.
Watch for leaks on your drive wheels if you do to much high grass mowing. The grass wraps around the wheel like baled hay string and destroys the bearing and it isn't a cheap repair.
I to was at Barlows yesterday and bought three new mowing blades for my F. Got a bad vibration after having some issues with a free running blade on the opposite side from last years free running blade. Mowing fields and rocks is rough on blades.

/ Kubota F3990 or F2690 #15  
I to was at Barlows yesterday and bought three new mowing blades for my F. Got a bad vibration after having some issues with a free running blade on the opposite side from last years free running blade. Mowing fields and rocks is rough on blades.

Installed blades and back to smooth and great cut!!!!!!