Kubota G vs GR

/ Kubota G vs GR #1  

PJNH

What are the differences (problems/solutions) advantages/disadvantages between the G and GR models? Are the implements interchangeable? I am still looking at an older G1800 but for the dollars wanted, a good used GR or newer G might be a better option. Differences between the G2160 and a GR2000?

/ Kubota G vs GR #2  
What are the differences (problems/solutions) advantages/disadvantages between the G and GR models? Are the implements interchangeable? I am still looking at an older G1800 but for the dollars wanted, a good used GR or newer G might be a better option. Differences between the G2160 and a GR2000?

Your G series is reliable old technology straight garden tractor with lots of attachments available both OEM and aftermarket where your GR series is AWD until you sharp turn and the cables on the glidesteer release the drive clutches to let the inner rear wheel slip to keep from tearing up turf. GR series are mowers and really can't do much more then towing because of the exit point of the pto shaft toward the MMM position. The flex in these frames could also be a problem with home made attachments. The moments of inertial and point load distribution could severly change the duration limits to this frame design by Kubota Engineering. The nature of this tractor is to mow and to mow only.

Good luck on your choice, if it were ole Ob1 I'd take the older G series if you want to play around with attachments. The frame is heavier and designed to take more punishment from bending moments that attachments can render. Belt drives are forgiving ( G-Series)where shaft drives (GR Series) are not.