Kubota G1900 wiring issue

/ Kubota G1900 wiring issue #1  

Bolenscub

I have a Kubota G1900 that is blowing fuses as soon as you turn the key one notch (to the first notch). There was a starting issue and I removed the battery and accidentally hooked it up backwards when I reinstalled. This is when the issue started I believe although there were several spare fuses with the unit when I bought it (used). I had the starter checked out and installed a new solenoid. Anyone have any thoughts on where to start on this or is there a wiring diagram available online?
Als what type fuel pump does this unit have? It is the peak of mowing season and I thought I could jump the solenoid to start the engine if it is a mechanical pump.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Kerry

/ Kubota G1900 wiring issue #2  
Your G1900 uses an electric fuel pump. It's located behind the left-rear tire. Also, if you reversed your battery, you probably damaged something in the combination box on the left side of the engine. It's black and about 3"x4" and 1" thick. It could also be something toasted in your voltage regulator. The regulator might be the first thing to check.

BTW: If you can tell us which fuse, it would sure be helpful. On your machine, you have three fuses: top = 15A, middle = 20A, bottom =10A. You also have a fusible link near the starter that kills everything when blown. Knowing which fuse is blowing is important. For example, if it's the one going to the voltage regulator, that will point to where your problem is. If you have four fuses, then you have an alternator instead of an AC Dynamo. Please give us a bit more info to work with.

Last edited: