Kubota G2160 won't start... again.

/ Kubota G2160 won't start... again. #1  

Scaxeman

Tractor
Kubota G2160
Help!

My Kubota G2160 refuses to start. It's not a new problem.

When I turn the key, the dash lights up, the fuel pump comes on, and the glow plug lights up. When I turn the key to start, I hear the solenoid 'clank', as it always does, but no starter spin. I've replaced starter, solenoid, and battery, plus I have it jump-started, also, the 40 amp starter fuse is intact. It's not the blade deck engagement safety, as when I engage the blades and try to crank; there's no solenoid 'clank'.

Any ideas would be welcome.

/ Kubota G2160 won't start... again. #2  
seat switch, neutral switch or key switch

/ Kubota G2160 won't start... again. #3  
If the solenoid is working then it would turn over if there wasn't some type of electrical fault. Check all the battery connections and at the starter too. Don't forget to clean you ground wire where is attaches. You could have a bad wire from the battery which would prevent enough current reaching the starter, ie corroded inside the insulation. Did it ever work after you replaced all that stuff? One other thought, have you had the battery checked to make sure its good under load?

/ Kubota G2160 won't start... again. #4  
I did the John Deere type relay mod for the starter solenoid on my G2160.

Now starts every time, all the PTO, pedal and other switches put too much resistance in the circuit to kick the starter solenoid over hard enough to engage and make electrical contact to spin the starter. If you want to try when it does it next time, take wire off starter and connect spare wire between battery lug and solenoid terminal on starter and see if it spins. The battery is a bit small for the G2160 diesel, the 51R is made for a Honda car, but the battery was rarely the problem, sometimes jump starting did help but it only masked the real problem.

John Deere kit.
John Deere Starting Improvement Relay Kit - AM17421

I just used standard 30A automotive relay and did everything for less then $10

David