Kubota glow plug light

/ Kubota glow plug light #1  

cavediver

I have a Kubota L4610HST. When starting I turn the key to light the glow plug light, when it goes out I start the tractor. Then the light will come on again, after a few seconds it will go off. Then it will come on again, at this point it will usually stay on. I have replaced the water temp. sensor in the thermostat housing. I can also hear the glow relay click off. Anyone have any info on this. Thanks

/ Kubota glow plug light #2  
You're right, that's not normal. My light goes out and stays out when engine is running.

I'm guessing here.... loose wire?

/ Kubota glow plug light #3  
You need to replace the glow plug controler. It is located behind the dash. I had the same problem. It is a 10 minute fix.

Gary

/ Kubota glow plug light
Gary, thanks for the info. I will replace it.

/ Kubota glow plug light #5  
Gary, is there a way to test the controller? IMine, on my L3710, seems to have stopped coming on at all ... but I'd hate to buy a new oine to find out it's the circuit ...

/ Kubota glow plug light #6  
Wingnut,

If the glow plug lamp is failing to light, there are a few things you need to check. First is the lamp. Second is the glow plug water temp sensor. Third is the timer relay. And of course all associated wiring. Chances are it is not the glow plug controller causing this problem.

If it would be of any help, PM me and I will send you a wiring diagram for the L3710 glow plug circuit.

Hope this helps

Gary

/ Kubota glow plug light #7  
Hey Gary,
I was searching and found your discussion about the 3710 glow plug light. I just bought a 2002 3710 hst and the glow plug light stays on. The glow plugs seem to have power to the all the time. Even after the tractor runs for a while. Any ideas on what may be going on? Can you send me the wirinf diagram?

/ Kubota glow plug light #8  
You say the glow plugs seem to have power all the time.Is the glow plug lamp on all the time?Or have you checked for voltage at the glow plugs?If the glow plugs were on all the time,it would torture the plugs and the alternator until the plugs failed or melted down.A stuck relay would cause this.I doubt you could operate in this mode for very long.More info please!

/ Kubota glow plug light
Hi, I had the same problem with my 4610. I first replaced The Glow controller, no help. Then I replaced the Glow relay, problem solved. Each of these parts cost $73.00. I put them in myself. They are under the dash panel. If these don't fix the problem it could also be the Water Temp. sensor. Hope this helps.

/ Kubota glow plug light #10  
Wingnut,

If the glow plug lamp is failing to light, there are a few things you need to check. First is the lamp. Second is the glow plug water temp sensor. Third is the timer relay. And of course all associated wiring. Chances are it is not the glow plug controller causing this problem.

If it would be of any help, PM me and I will send you a wiring diagram for the L3710 glow plug circuit.

Hope this helps

Gary
Where is the water temp sensor located!