Kubota GR2000

/ Kubota GR2000 #1  

Cougar007

Hello everyone. I am new here and the new owner of a Kubota GR2000 with a 48" deck and mulching kit. It has 12 hrs on it.

I have never owned a hydrostatic mower before and have a Question.

Is it normal for the transmission to "whine"? It has done it ever since I bought it and I consider it to be rather annoying. It gets louder the faster you go. It performs well and the Fluid level is normal.

I did not realize how loud it was until the wife was using it today. I would like to hear from others.

Just wondering it it was normal or do I need to consult the dealer.

Thanks!
Cougar007

/ Kubota GR2000 #2  
Its faint on my Kubota but on my Scotts its noticeably louder the faster I go (six years old). It’s sounded like his since the first day I had it. When my neighbor mows with his john deere I can here his from my house. This is normal and I wouldn’t worry about it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Kubota GR2000 #3  
Hi Cougar007,

I have a GR2100 with about 20 hrs on it now. Mine has a whine that at first I was concerned with. However, now I'm thinking the noise is a result compact size of transmission casing, less mass to dampen the sound effects of the internal workings, and then we’ve got all the running gear of the 4x4 system. Maybe some of the other GR owners will respond with their thoughts on the sound.
ed

/ Kubota GR2000 #4  
Get used to hearing that sound! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif It is totally normal for it to whine. That is the nature of the beast with an HST. I came to like the sound of it on my B series Kubota.... but thats just me!