Kubota GR2100 Transmission issues

/ Kubota GR2100 Transmission issues #11  
Yea, its complete. There was a point that you could get parts and rebuild it, but it was such a big job that complete transaxles became the path forward.
So in other words,if I took the tranny out of tractor, are parts still available to rebuild it,or are the parts so **** expensive that the "upgraded" tranny is the way to go? Do you guys buy any GR2100's w/ tranny issues? Too bad Kubota didn't have an exchange program for the early GR trannys-this machine soured me so much on Kubota that I went back to Cub Cadet.....I guess this machine was jinxed from the get-go-poor dealer prep(I had to fix the parking brake-sometimes the pedal held,sometimesit slipped off it's catch)-mower gearbox seal started slinging oil by end of first seson,new deck belt the second year,replaced deck pulley as it oscillated when turning(didn't stay even when turning) and so on-only real complaint w/ 2 Cub Cadets I had previous to the Kubota were the decks were horrible for plugging w/grass-I hope the new one w/fabricated deck is better......I know the Cub dealer is DEFINITELY better......

/ Kubota GR2100 Transmission issues
In the Finger Lakes region. I took it up the Nels Tractor in Pine Valley, very small and expensive place.

/ Kubota GR2100 Transmission issues
Ahhhh,you have the same problem as me.Jack the rear end up and block it,then jack front end up(all 4 wheels off ground).Start tractor,then turn wheel side to side while looking at cables where they connect to tranny-verify they are moving lever. The glide steer cables are a piss poor design-I've replaced them myself twice each side-they are real tight in front of engine and could be pinched there.They supposedly have an "upgrade" kit for the cables also. The right rear wheel doesn't spin on mine-I'm thinking it's clutch pack in tranny-not paying to fix this POS again. If I'm gonna spend $3k for a repair,I'll put it toward a different mower w/ a warranty. Done w/ Kubota.......

What I plan to do is see if I can get a another person to buy my kubota, then upgrade to a BX2370, I haven't heard any problems with the BX series, so I might go there. Besides if I am going to spend 3k on a POS why not get another tractor and enjoy that one.

/ Kubota GR2100 Transmission issues #14  
Well,the Kubota part in my life is done.An hour after my Cub Cadet was delivered,the GR2100 was loaded on a trailer to it's new home w/ $1500 cash in my hand. New owner saw/heard problem, so he knows what he's getting. Already miss the AWD.

/ Kubota GR2100 Transmission issues #15  
Well, my GR2100 clutch pack just ***** the bed.

Was mowing last weekend when the PTO mower started to bog like the grass was too high. Shut the PTO down, moved to previously mowed grass, restarted the mower PTO and everything was fine. Stopped to grab a sandwich for lunch and when I went to engage the PTO, nothing. Shaft wasn't spinning, nothing. Checked fluid and it was down a bit. I knew there was a small leak, but it wasnt bad. Topped it off and tried again....nothing.

Dropped it off at the dealer last Tuesday and he just called me about the clutch pack. Total bill is going to be around $1300-$1400.

Tractor, mower and snow thrower will be going on craigslist as soon as I get it back. This Kubota has been a complete disappointment for me. My old company used Kubota engines because they were bullet proof. I can certainly say their garden tractors are NOT. What a POS.

/ Kubota GR2100 Transmission issues #16  
Well, my GR2100 clutch pack just ***** the bed.

Was mowing last weekend when the PTO mower started to bog like the grass was too high. Shut the PTO down, moved to previously mowed grass, restarted the mower PTO and everything was fine. Stopped to grab a sandwich for lunch and when I went to engage the PTO, nothing. Shaft wasn't spinning, nothing. Checked fluid and it was down a bit. I knew there was a small leak, but it wasnt bad. Topped it off and tried again....nothing.

Dropped it off at the dealer last Tuesday and he just called me about the clutch pack. Total bill is going to be around $1300-$1400.

Tractor, mower and snow thrower will be going on craigslist as soon as I get it back. This Kubota has been a complete disappointment for me. My old company used Kubota engines because they were bullet proof. I can certainly say their garden tractors are NOT. What a POS.
Aren't they great??? Did you buy yours new or used,and what year is it? The diesel motor itself was awesome,it's just what it was bolted to was the piece of sh*t that Kubota could care less about.What's funny was a few weeks ago Bentley's had a used GR2100 w/ 670 hours on it listed on craigslist for $5k(I thought it was my old one)-I stopped by to look at it-it wasn't my old one,but what a POS-the tranny was coated in oil. I feel sorry for the sucker that buys it,as it's not on their lot now,unless they took it to their other location. Still wish I'd bought an X740.......I hate this lousy Cub Cadet-man,their quality has really went in the toilet since I bought the last new Cub back in '02(a 3204)......good luck selling your GR2100-you'll be LUCKY to get in the $3k-$4k range. What will you replace it with?

/ Kubota GR2100 Transmission issues #17  
Aren't they great??? Did you buy yours new or used,and what year is it? The diesel motor itself was awesome,it's just what it was bolted to was the piece of sh*t that Kubota could care less about.What's funny was a few weeks ago Bentley's had a used GR2100 w/ 670 hours on it listed on craigslist for $5k(I thought it was my old one)-I stopped by to look at it-it wasn't my old one,but what a POS-the tranny was coated in oil. I feel sorry for the sucker that buys it,as it's not on their lot now,unless they took it to their other location. Still wish I'd bought an X740.......I hate this lousy Cub Cadet-man,their quality has really went in the toilet since I bought the last new Cub back in '02(a 3204)......good luck selling your GR2100-you'll be LUCKY to get in the $3k-$4k range. What will you replace it with?

I bought mine new from Empire Tractor back in 2006. The Kubota diesel is great. One of the main reasons I bought it. I have seen several GR21xx on Cl in the $5k-$6k range without a blower. I know I paid over $9k and its really sad to think it is worth less than 1/2 that now.

Its really depressing that there is no enclosed cab for it and the cost of electric chutes are just outrageous. The design of of the chute rotation handle is horrid.

I'm not sure what I am going to replace it with. I am thinking a zero turn to gain additional ground speed and cut my mowing times down. I'll probably pick up a walk behind snow thrower too. I like the Grasshoppers but they are over $10k.

/ Kubota GR2100 Transmission issues #18  
I bought mine new from Empire Tractor back in 2006. The Kubota diesel is great. One of the main reasons I bought it. I have seen several GR21xx on Cl in the $5k-$6k range without a blower. I know I paid over $9k and its really sad to think it is worth less than 1/2 that now.

Its really depressing that there is no enclosed cab for it and the cost of electric chutes are just outrageous. The design of of the chute rotation handle is horrid.

I'm not sure what I am going to replace it with. I am thinking a zero turn to gain additional ground speed and cut my mowing times down. I'll probably pick up a walk behind snow thrower too. I like the Grasshoppers but they are over $10k.
Yep,I paid $8k for mine back in '07 and sold it for $1500 w/tranny problems. I just couldn't see sinking major $$$$$$ into the thing only to have it crap out again in a few more years.That's the reason I bought mine-it was the cheapest diesel mower on market(and still is). You'll be ok to sell it,until a buyer reads up on the GR series:eek:...... and trade in forget about it-you'd be extremely lucky to get in the $2k range. I think you'd be better of trying to sell the blower separately.

/ Kubota GR2100 Transmission issues #19  
Well after having the clutch pack replaced in late June, went to mow the lawn yesterday and it is bogging down AGAIN. I cant even cut 2" of grass at anything faster than a crawl without the mower blades almost stopping.

Any ideas? Could it be the clutch pack again????

I will be calling Empire Tractor on Monday. They better be fixing it under warranty.

/ Kubota GR2100 Transmission issues #20  
Are the new ones, the GR2120 and the GR 2020 any better.
I am considering buying one- should I??gm